- Why folks at Facebook defend their company too much? We all know Facebook is a cancer to society. They are just evil scumbag. They don't have any moral or ethical values. They just treat their customers are mere products. They don't see them as humans. For them we are just a piece of data. Recently Apple revoked their enterprise certificate. If I co
- vote Technical incompetence at Wayfair -- is there anything worse?? Is there anything worse than Wayfair at this scale in terms of sheer technical incompetence and poor engineering practices? Wayfair's codebase and infrastructure are stuck in a pathetic, sorry state. The PHP repo, the databases (which are all mirrors in some way), the vertical scaling -- it needs t
- link The ugly side of working at Amazon 1. Only 6 public holidays per year. 2. Only 2 sick days. 3. Parking is subsidized ($160 per month), but not free, in a crowded downtown Seattle. 4. Zero paternity leave. 5. Sometimes you have to pay for your own food in team gatherings (feels silly when the business is making millions of dollars, an
and industry lounge.
- link "Once it becomes weird to tell people that they work at FB or their moms aren't proud of them anymore", they exit... https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/02/facebook-employees-calling-former-colleagues-to-look-for-jobs-outside.html
- link Wrecked! Facebook's performance review process in the news https://www.businessinsider.sg/former-facebook-employees-describe-brutal-job-performance-reviews-2019-1/
- Google hiring bias Genuine question - Google definitely has/can have models which can easily identify me as a liberal or conservative (based on YouTube and searches). Is there any kind of bias involved in internal recruiting system to auto-reject or suppress conservative culture applicants? Asking this because I am
- link Google, Apple ditching college degree requirements *How will this affect software engineering tech salaries?* Hi Blind Community, CNBC reported "More than a dozen companies, including Google, Apple and IBM, are no longer requiring applicants to have college degrees" (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/15-companies-that-no-longer-require-employees-to-
- Companies about to get acquired. Any lists around here for companies to be acquired by any public listed firms such as @Google @amazon @facebook @twitter @spotify @salesforce @apple @microsoft ...resulting in liquidity event to acquired firms' employees? For instance, @LinkedIn acquired Glint in Q4 2018. guesses are fine as well.
- link Folks at Facebook please don’t share our nudes. If you got it please don’t share. :) https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/facebook-stored-hundreds-of-millions-passwords-in-plain-text-thousands-of-employees-had-access.2174272/
- link F—- ethics. Money is everything. https://mashable.com/article/facebook-employees-react-teen-spying-app-blind/ You’re famous Facebook guy, how’s it feel?
- What makes Netflix a FANG? Seriously though. What is it that makes Netflix be considered a FANG? Is it the pay? The working culture? The innovation (really?)? Free food/perks? I barely see posts talking about interviews and salaries for netflix. When i look at google, amazon, and facebook (and even microsoft and apple) I se
- FACEBOOK FIRED OCULUS FOUNDER FOR HIS POLITICAL BELIEFS AND PRO-TRUMP DONATIONS I read a report that Facebook fired Palmer Luckey for making anti-Hillary donations $10K, and daring to be a right wing supporter in an Uber liberal Silicon Valley. Curious to hear what Blind thinks, especially Facebook employees? Do you feel pressured to lean left on all topics by your organization
- Facebook, Google, et al Buses Would any Facebook and/or Google employees mind sharing how their company-sponsored bus system works (e.g. do you get a reservation/boarding pass, how are walk-ons handled, etc.)? Bonus points if in the Seattle/Puget Sound area! Microsoft’s bus system (aka the Connector) in Redmond can be AWFUL for
- link Republicans are Nuts! Over the past year republicans have started whining about how the big tech companies like Google and Facebook are supposedly biased against them. They’ve made (utterly false and debunked) claims that Google alters its search results to hurt conservatives, that Facebook censors conservative views, a
- vote Facebook employees, do you believe all of your hard work is actually useful to people’s lives? tc: 350k
- facebook shuttle service for emoloyees. does Facebook shuttle service for employees goes to Mountain House ?
- vote Facebook Is Failing It’s Black Employees & Users Another day, another example of Facebook showing its true colours as a terrible company. I can’t believe it’s 2018 and we still have companies like Facebook openly discriminating against minorities. How long will it take until the misogynists and racists at Facebook are shown the door? It’s time
- vote Sexism in 2018 - Facebook Employees Blame Sandberg This is sexism plain and simple. Misogynistic male facebookers (who are probably white) are scapegoating a courageous female executive who has cleared the path for women leaders everywhere. She helped transform the company into a tech powerhouse and is not given enough credit (hint: it’s because she
- How is Facebook so broken How can Facebook with so many employees be so incapable of having a stable platform running on PC? The platform always is laggy and feels super buggy. On mobile it runs fine, but it seems like on all my windows devices it runs like shit. And I'm not the only one experiencing this because friends rep
- vote Is Two Sigma still a top company for engineers? It's no question that Two Sigma pays engineers as much as Google and Facebook. There have also been a few anecdotes in the past that its culture and general treatment of employees is excellent and quite similar to Google's. However, Glassdoor seems to tell a different story, especially recently, wi
- Why Facebook employees don’t stay long I have noticed that less than 50% of fb employees have stayed more than 2 years at the company. Why is that the case? Is it because it is hiring extremely fast in the past 2 years or is it because of high turn over rate? Why is the turn over rate so high if that’s the case?
- Can’t Recover Facebook Account Facebook Employees, I lost access to my Facebook account. I don’t have access to the email that I used to log in. Tried recovering with my phone as well but didn’t work. I thought Facebook had a process where a user uploads a photo to of their ID and answers a few questions to recover the account. C
and industry lounge.
- What good has Facebook brought to this world? Most Facebook employees are so snobbish in Blind (sample pic attached from a thread today). TC and smartness dont account for everything, especially after a point. What good does your work bring to the world and society? Mostly your company has made people waste time in a virtual world doing useles
- Your opinion about working at a staffing agency. I recently got an offer to work full-time at a tech staffing agency. I'll be an in-house software developer. Them being a staffing agency, I will work on the projects that they're developing for other companies. I'm excited about the projects they're working on, I like the employees (my future co-wo
- link Splunk pays its typical worker more than $256,000 – and it's not Facebook, Google or Intel The highest-paying big Bay Area tech employer isn't a behemoth like Google, Salesforce or Intel. It's not even Facebook, although the typical worker at the Menlo Park social media giant takes home a whopping $240,430 annual salary. It's Splunk Inc. — the fast-growing data-processing software firm t
- Google vs Facebook employees Google employees walked out in protest to voice their demands. When Google does unethical things, more than 1,000 employees sign letter calling on executives to review ethics and transparency. Facebook employees just shut up and code. Why we never hear from them with all what is going on at Facebo
- link Seriously Facebook! https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/03/21/facebook-employees-had-access-to-millions-of-user-passwords.html Keeps getting better...
- Career at Facebook Facebook employees - how would you rate your job? Do you love working at FB? Do you think your company promotes growth?
- link Facebook article on CNBC. Any Facebook employees needing any tips to cry at their desks, we are here for you. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/facebook-culture-cult-performance-review-process-blamed.html
- link Fake Reviews by Facebook Facebook has been caught posting fake reviews of its failed “portal” product. https://www.foxnews.com/tech/facebook-employees-caught-posting-5-star-reviews-on-amazon-of-portal
- Guys at Facebook how you guys are testing ios Facebook apps after Apple revoking certificates? Seems Apple revoked Facebook Enterprise program certificate. This means Facebook can't distribute apps internally to its employees. From outside it seems serious. Is it really a serious issue?
- link Bloomberg: FB employees commiserate on Blind over corporate scandal "Most discussion at Facebook happens on the company’s workplace version of the social network, in various company groups. But when the news is about Facebook’s leadership, some employees have found it easier to talk when they’re unnamed. They used Blind, the anonymous employee chat app, to raise the
- the most compromised people on the planet Facebook employees. -Kara Swisher
- link Zuckbot bans iPhones for execs! 🤦♂️ What a fucking clown! 🤡 🤣 Facebook employees: how embarrassing is it to work for a clown? https://9to5mac.com/2018/11/14/zuckerberg-forced-facebook-executives-to-give-up-iphones/
- link Dozens at Facebook unite to challenge its ‘intolerant’ liberal culture "The post went up quietly on Facebook's internal message board last week. Titled "We Have a Problem With Political Diversity," it quickly took off inside the social network. "We are a political monoculture that's intolerant of different views," Brian Amerige, a senior Facebook engineer, wrote in th
- Slack levels and TC What are the engineering levels at Slack and TC for Staff engineer? Is it a good time to join Slack? TC: 400k YOE: 11 Tagging Facebook and google and Slack has employees join from FB and G.
- Referrals for Apple, Facebook I need referrals for jobs at Apple, Facebook. Any employees of these two companies willing to help?
- Hey Facebook employees, Hang in there. We’ve been where you are, and you will get past it.
- 401k loan at Facebook Does Facebook allow its employees to take out a loan from its 401k plan ? I am joining FB in May and I have some credit card debt due to a knee surgery . I have saved up a significant amount of money in my 401k , does Facebook allow its employees to borrow from 401k?
- link Facebook Rotational Product Manager Hi guys, The applications for Rotational Product Manager at Facebook recently opened up and I was wondering if anyone at Facebook would be able to give me a referral. I am currently in software development. I would be happy to DM my resume. I have linked the position below. Have a great day. To giv
- FB interview I interviewed with Facebook. They came back to me after a month saying that there were multiple internal employees who expressed interest in the position and hence the process took longer than expected. The recruiter mentioned that they have finally selected one of their existing emoloyees and that
and industry lounge.
- link Facebook employees are calling former colleagues to look for jobs outside the company When and how so you think will FB get out of this downward spiral? https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/02/facebook-employees-calling-former-colleagues-to-look-for-jobs-outside.html
- Facebook Rejection Recently, I had an interview at Facebook. I did perfect in all 3 coding rounds. My design round was just OK. Recruiter said he got 4 positive responses from the interviewers and kind of hinted about salary conversations as he was waiting to hear back from Hiring committee. The next day he said that
- Facebook announcing Libra this month Facebook announcing their Cryptocurrency Libra this week. They’re thinking about using it to pay their employees. Don’t know to how to feel about companies making their own currency to pay employees.
- link Facebook will reportedly announce cryptocurrency this month, allowing employees to take it as salary https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/06/05/facebook-cryptocurrency-coming-in-june-report.html
- Sorry bros. Working at a top tech firm doesn't impress women. It's simple. Scarcity drives demand, and tech firms have too many employees. When you are one of thousands working at Google or Facebook in the Bay Area, people aren't impressed. In contrast, let's say you were a single guy in SF working for an elite finance firm such as KKR, Silver Lake Partners, H
- Facebook New Grad Offer :) Got an offer from FB for new grad SWE .This is just a big thank you to all the fellow blinders. Thanks for all the help :D Facebook Employees : Any tips or guidelines I should follow to succeed at Fb? This is a dream come true for me! Tc: 115/25/150
- RSUs - from abroad So as some who have moved from satellite/abroad offices may know, there's a huge gap in RSUs compared to US. That's due to a range of factors, biggest one I'd say is competition and industry standard. However, outside of visas keeping you at your company, financially it would not be beneficial to r
- FAANG and H1B visa I heard Facebook stopped hiring/interviewing those who don't have a more than 2 attempts for applying to H1B work visa. Is it true? What about other companies (AANG)? Also, what do these companies do with their employees who don't get H1B visa in their last attempt? Are they relocated or let go?
- Dear Facebook Employees - The Emperor Has No Clothes! Regardless of what Zuck and Sandy tell you.