- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- Microsoft Azure Data and Intelligence vs OneDrive Sharepoint teams? Microsoft folks, which team do you suggest I join? Data and Intelligence team is offering: Base - 117k Sign on - 25k Relocation - 5k Stocks - 130k I hear that this team works on scripting, powerBI and some windows stuff. Not sure what they do but I don’t think they do core development. I am not su
- Apple Technical Product Manager - Data Science Got a mail from recruiter just now saying Apple wants to extend an offer and he would like to get on a call to discuss my compensation expectations. What’s the ideal TC I could ask for? Please advice. Current offers: Amazon L5 SDE2 265k TC - Palo Alto Microsoft Azure Data & Intelligence- 180k - Re
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote Microsoft offer vs Zillow offer Currently working at Oracle as Software Engineer 2. Current TC: 155k Current Base: 120k Current stocks: 150k over 4 years Current Location: Bay Area Microsoft Azure Data & Intelligence team: Base: 117k Stocks: 130k Sign-on: 25k Relocation: 5k Location: Seattle Zillow Machine Learning Engineer Offe
- How flexible is Zillow in terms of relocation? I have received an offer today from Zillow. The team I interviewed is in Seattle. I don’t know if the team exists in SF or not. How flexible is Zillow if I want to work from SF office? I have also received an offer from Microsoft Seattle - Azure Data and Intelligence group (TC: 155k, Level 60) Whi
- link Home Values - Bay Area And I know the arguments are going to be : 1) Zillow data is wrong 2) Zillow estimates or Zestimates are wrong Estimates can be wrong but the current prices in comparison to last year is just a fact. For folks who do not trust Zillow, check this article and check the first one of list : https:/+2
- Zillow offer evaluation for TPM Received an offer for Technical Product Manager position at Zillow in Irvine: Base: 135k Stock: 125k (4 years, after 1 year vests quarterly) Sign in: 15k + 10k after one year I’m a data engineer, 7ye, for last 3-4 years did teams coordination as well. Offer seems low for me, what do you think folks
- How to does Zillow & Redfin etc get data from MLS? Does MLS provide any public APIs? If it’s a small startup who wants to access MLS data? What should it do?
- Zillow - onsite Interview, what to expect I have scheduled an onsite Interview for principal data engineer role at Zillow. Recruiter said 4-5 hours of interview and didn’t share much info. Any one can share any inputs ? What to focus on,etc.,?
- Referral I need referral for some companies since I’m trying to get out of a toxic and highly political work/team environment. 1.5 years of software eng experience mostly in backend eng - data mining, big data analytics, pipeline, infrastructure, and algorithms. PhD in high-performance, parallel, and distri
- Referral in Bay/Seattle Dear blind users, I am looking for software engineer/backend roles in Seattle/Bay area in following companies : Uber, Airbnb, Dropbox Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter Square, Grab, Spunk, Zillow Palantir, Microsoft, apple & similar About me: BE+3yr exp+MSinCS+1yr exp, Java, C#, sql, good with data str
- "Tier 2" tech in Seattle PhD entry-level data/research scientist compensation?? First, wanted to check my market research. This is for PhD entry-level (0-3 years post PhD experience) data/research scientist positions. My understanding is that Big Tech (Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Amazon) in the Seattle market total compensation is >$200k correct? What about "Tier 2" tech
- Apple TPM AMP How are the annual hikes? How are the performance bonuses? How’s the future growth of a TPM? How easy is internal transfer at Apple in future? How’s the work culture? Is it toxic like I hear at Amazon? Still waiting for offer details from Apple. What’s the ideal pay I could expect for this role? C
- Zillow compensation Big Data engineer Seattle... Got a call from Zillow recruiter today asking if I'd be interested in a senior data engineer position herein Seattle. I'm certainly interested, but don't really have a pulse on what I should be asking for compensation wise for said position. Any estimates or insight would be helpful.
- Does anyone here have any idea about Microsoft’s Azure Data and Intelligence .Org? Particularly talking about SiGMA team in Azure Data and Intelligence at Microsoft. I have to choose between Microsoft Azure SiGMA, Microsoft OneDrive team and Zillow Machine Learning Engineer roles. All the 3 positions are in Seattle. Still waiting for numbers. Microsoft Azure is offering 160k TC
- How many applications per company Applying for 2-3yr exp SDE backend roles. For smaller companies there are usually few openings and recruiting team is small, so if you apply for only one role then also I think recruiters will consider you for similar roles. How does it work for bigger companies like oracle, adobe, Amazon, Zillow,
- SDE role interview process. Hi people, I am working as a Data Engineer since one year and looking to apply for SDE1 roles at Amazon/Microsoft/Lyft/Zillow. Give my experience will I be considered for SDE1 positions as an experienced hire or will I be treated as a fresher(L4)? What kind of interview process can I expect? If ther