- "As a Technical Program Manager for Instagram, I build the underlying infrastructure that supports machine learning.sic" Why are all TPM/PM soo useless? What a joke this is! This is an excerpt from Facebook Careers ad I got on Fb.
- What is AI/ML like at Apple now with JG? Wondering what work and careers, related to AI/ML field, are like at Apple under JG's leadership. Seems like they are investing in a lot of new AI/ML hires, and someone said "comp is no longer supposed to be a limitation" for bringing people in. It also seems like the infrastructure is years behin
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Fb/google down leveling It looks like most people who start at fb and google out of college reach L4/E4 within ~2 years and reach L5/E5 within ~5 years. Is it possible for outsiders to get in to fb/google at level 4 with only 2 YOE or to get in at level 5 with only 5 YOE? Or will people like us always lag behind those who
- Next career move - Pinterest , Cruise Automation , Gusto Considering moving to Pinterest, Cruise, Gusto. I like all three for different reasons. Don’t have numbers yet. Just a congrats message from the recruiter/HM. Not optimizing for comp anyway. Wanted to get a pulse from engineers working at these places on how their careers have progressed. Would you
- Tesla lower-level managers Hey! I occasionally browse the careers section on Tesla’s site from time to time, but never seem to see openings for lower to mid-level management. What gives? Does Tesla prefer to promote from the IC-side of the house, or are managers just so few in number that, once they get in, you have to wait
- link Facebook Data Scientist - infrastructure Just now starting to look for something new. Recruiter contacted me about a DS role in infra at FB. Anyone know TC range? Similar to SWE? How would level map? E4? Or same levels for DS positions ? I have a PhD (computational biology), 3 years post graduation. $200K current TC (150+30+20) in SD.
- link Lyft T4 vs Facebook SWE Rotational Posting here on behalf of my wife : I have an offer from Facebook as a Rotational Engineer (145/0/60) and an offer from Lyft as a T4 (185/550/20). FB offer has no equity and a 12 month offer after which if I graduate then they match me to a E4 or higher. https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/fa
- Facebook Rotational Engineer vs Google T3 I have an offer from Facebook as a Rotational Engineer (145/0/60) and an offer from Google as a T3 (130/250/25). Fb is 0 equity for first 12 months, then if I graduate I get an offer as an E4. (If I don't "graduate" then no offer.) More info here: https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/facebooks
- vote IRA for New Grad? New grad n00b here - do you recommend Traditional or Roth for young people just starting their careers? I will be starting SWE at FB in the summer. From my understanding, the main trade-off is taxes upfront or later - Traditional: defer now since will be taxed less in retirement - Roth: tax-free ea
- Recent grad considering applying to FB Hey, quick question - as a recent grad with 3 YOE considering applying to FB, is it better to apply on Careers page directly or get referred internally? Also, what languages / skills do they value as a SWE, or is it just whoever that can get thru DS&A?
- Interesting teams at Uber I am talking to the recruiter at Uber about the potential teams that I'd be interested in. But infra at Uber is different than the likes of G or FB. It's more like data pipe lining with the cloud services and data processing. I may be wrong but this is the impression I got after talking to the recru
- FB Newgrad offer and career path Just wondering, can any FB mans (and women) explain their careers path after starting out as a new grad? I hear you have to reach E5 within a certain timeframe or you get fired which is kind of scary/daunting to me as I don’t think I’m that strong of a programmer. Btw I’ve interned in the past and r
- Data Engineer Comps in Bay Area I'm curious what do Data Engineers make in the Bay Area? I recently got an offer from FB. After rounds of negotiations the max I could push for was: Level 4, 150k base, 10% yearly bonus, no joining bonus and 150k worth RSUs. This was about 30k all in all more than what I earn, but I believe I got
- fb Building 8 titles and levels Hi all, Can someone comment on what the difference between "head of device software" and "director of software engineering". I currently see these two listed on their careers page. Are they the same level and what internal FB level they map to? Planning to apply.
- Facebook lifetime limit on number of interviews I was told that FB does not accept applications after a few failed attempts. My questions: -How many times? -Does the limit apply to onsite only or to phone round as well? -Is it lifetime limit or does it reset? If it resets, what is the duration? -Is it just for voluntary application through caree
- Manufacturing at Google or Facebook Any help on where I should be looking for manufacturing jobs at G or FB? Currently looking at careers page but curious if there’s another place to look? Thanks in advance. #mfg #Google #FB
- link From SWE to Partner Integrations Lead at Facebook? I'm currently a SWE with the expertise in distributed systems (7 YOE). A recruiter from FB reached out about Partner Integrations Lead position. Is this a downgrade from SWE? How is the pay and career path for these positions? https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/2181983951919399/ TC:250K