- link AOC Reaction to Amazon Fascinating logic - New York was going to give Amazon roughly a 10% discount on its 20 year tax horizon. AOC thinks she should take this now non existent revenue and spend it on teachers? Why would you need teachers if people don’t have a job when they graduate? I mean, besides bartending. https
- NY Budget Director finally speaks the truth and spills the beans https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/open-letter-new-york-state-budget-director-robert-mujica-regarding-amazon "Furthermore, opposing Amazon was not even good politics, as the politicians have learned since Amazon pulled out. They are like the dog that caught the car. They are now desperately and incre
- link Amazon diaries: fulfillment center speed-ups and factory conditions “When you recognize that we are what keeps Amazon going, and the most important part of the business, putting us at the top of the pyramid is right. Workers – whether the engineers or the hundreds of thousands of warehouse employees – are the backbone of the business and the source of astounding wea
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Who lived through first Dot Com Bubble? Any stories to tell? Just reading through Boo Hoo, a book written in 2001, illustrating the largesse of e-commerce startup Boo.com and how they spent $170m in less than two years most of it just to launch their first website. Also watched startup.com a few years ago (https://youtu.be/ibuiUXOTE4M). As a two time startu
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- Should I hire Company or people to build app I met with an investor who wants to come onboard and fund my currently nonexistent startup. He seemed fine putting in $50k upfront for about 10-20% (I’m not too worried about equity right now). His partners may put in more. I said $50k is pretty low and isn’t enough to get the app up and running. I
- link Simply stunning! https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.forbes.com/sites/bobevans1/2018/08/03/1-microsoft-widens-lead-over-2-amazon-in-cloud-revenue-6-9-billion-to-6-1-billion/amp/
- Starting off 2019 right - let’s make an app. Are you an iOS/react native/android dev? I’m a designer at amazon (Seattle) who sold my last company before coming here. Working on a new project with an ABC TV executive producer to disrupt Hollywood. Obviously will be a night/weekend side gig without any pay (until funding or revenue) but I’m lo
- Principal Tech Program Manager - Amazon - Salary ?? What is the salary range for a Principal Tech Program Manager at Amazon. Also can you get more compensation if you get selected for Teams which bring in a lot of revenue like (am guessing) AWS, Alexa etc
- Huge earning beat from Amazon Huge beat and up 6% or more after bell. Seems like bad wlb at Amazon or Netflix really helps company revenue even engineers keep complaining.
- hey Amazon folks!? Anyone here who works at Amazon? I totally want to fuck Amazon off it's feet. Its been impossible to do business with you over the past year. We've had multiple multimillion businesses working with Amazon and in just 1 year your "system" managed to fuck up all that revenue and do everything you coul
- How does it impact IT companies when recession kicks off Amazon: e-commerce revenue could decrease, consumers focus on life essentials and become more price sensitive, AWS growth may slow down What do you think of Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Uber, Lyft, Microsoft etc in recessions? Which company can do even better during recessions? YouTube, Face
- Paying $0 in federal taxes Why doesn’t all other companies follow amazon league in reinvesting funds to pay $0 in tax liability , but rather keep complaining about amazon. Is there something obvious which other companies can’t do to grow their revenue by reinvesting profits , and keeping cash flow close to 0 ? Also I don’t un
- Stay or ditch? Amazon subsidiary in a low cost of living area. Austin is 30% to 45% more expensive for comparison. $200k buys a low end 3,500+sq.ft. house here. YOE: 13 SDE/SRE Most of it at this subsidiary; everything from frontend, backend, and operations. Tech Lead/Manager by this point; subsidiary job le
- I have an idea that would increase Amazon revenue significantly. How to sell this idea?
- vote Which LinkedIn profile looks better? Part 2 Howdy peeps! I feel pretty guilty, I wasn't being fair yesterday: https://us.teamblind.com/s/QoHkPTNi Let's have a competition of equals. Vote! Vote! Vote! Edit: Meanwhile, d fuck? http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobevans1/2018/10/29/1-microsoft-beats-amazon-in-12-month-cloud-revenue-26-7-billion-to-
- Amazon vs Flipkart I have seen many quora answers, but still I have confusion on who does better. Do not compare Amazon with Flipkart. But please compare Amazon India with Flipkart. Who is better in terms of, 1. User experience 2. Which Online shopping people's trust the most? 3. Revenue/Yearly turnover 4. As Am
- Taxes for a new person in the US Hi, I moved from Canada to the US in Aug 2016. Amazon hired Deloitte and got all my taxes done through them for the year 2016 in both the US and Canada. From talking to the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) I don't have to file 2017 taxes in Canada. I do have to file US taxes by myself for the year 2017
- Amazon vs Flipkart Among Amazon and Flipkart, which company is really doing well in India? 1. Is Flipkart s revenue better that Amazon now? 2. Is amazon (Retail) is in loss or profit? 3. Is amazon kindle is in loss or profit? 4. Is flipkart is in loss or profit?
- Amazon Healthcare Group - Looking to Connect with Good people of Blind, I am currently working at Optum (UnitedHealthcare) in revenue cycle optimization, and am looking to connect with someone in the Amazon healthcare group to have a chat about how much value my insights and experience might add. Long history of working in healthcare (in EMRs, RFID
- Getting paid for ads/promotions/affiliates from your employer Being on h1 visa makes you tied to your employer and forbids getting any revenue streams beside your paycheck. So say a person works for Google and also runs some adsens ads, does it still qualify as getting your paycheck from your only US employer? Another thing is how legal it is to use Google ad