- vote Apple vs Facebook vs Amazon for SWE in 2019? Given offers and same TC, which company you would work for in 2019 after their stocks crash. I care about wlb, comp and teams in that order. Not so much about promotion and competition. Facebook: Infra team (heard horrible thing about wlb but learning scope looks good) Apple: Apple Media Products
- Glad I didn’t join Amazon Starting Microsoft Next week. Thank god. Their culture is spewing into their products. Wow. Ask Alexa what “gender” is and she will spit out insane liberal SJW talk. Literally both sides want to deny science, one doesn’t believe in gender, one doesn’t believe in global warming. Unbelievable.
- vote Why do Prime Day deals suck so much? Am I the only one who thinks prime day is extremely over hyped and is good for nothing but shitty budget products and the promotion of Alexa devices?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Why are Apple and Amazon among FAANG? FAANG is only in terms of stock, not tier one tech or internet companies. Tier 1 should be F, G, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber and a few... AWS may count, Alexa is like tier 1.5, and retail is 1.5 or 2 depend on team. Apple is a great company. But it’s not as good as others in terms of internet products
- link Amazon has no chill Amazon introduces a ton of new Alexa-enabled products, including a microwave and car gadget. Do you guys take a loss on each of these products? https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/amazon-announcing-alexa-enabled-hardware-products.html
- vote Does it make sense to breakdown giant tech companies strickly from the point of view of consumer?? For example: 1. Will consumer/advertisers benefits more when we have Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc etc as different companies and compete with each other?? User can switch platform if they don't like the policy and operations of one company.. 2. Can AWS serve their customer better if they are
- Amazon Cambridge Office I'm about to start an internship at Amazon in Cambridge, and curious if anyone knows that office or the team I'll be on; I was told I'm working on the "Dig Prod Mgmt - BS - 7120 - BOS" team (illuminating I know), that describes itself as "building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Alexa, C