- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- Microsoft vs. IBM on resume Would Microsoft have more weight than IBM on the resume for a PM position at FAANG?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Rate your company’s reputation/brand/prestige? All the tech company tier lists I’ve seen seem kind of shitty, so what do employees think about their current company’s prestige in terms of the brand name looking good on the resume or good reputation for having the best engineering talent? Please rate your company’s prestige from 1 to 4, 1 being
- How to even get calls from these companies? I have taken referral from Blind for Salesforce, IBM, Walmart, PayPal and MSFT but haven't recieved any response from any of these companies. All were for new grad software engineering roles. Not sure how to even get noticed by these companies? If anyone has connection till hiring manager and can ge
- Facebook referral I graduated in May and started ibm but I have been preparing for interviews for one year already did topcoder, leetcode and codeforces and am very strong in algorithms but I never got replied for interviews my resume probably got lost somewhere, someone at blind took my resume for referral and there
- Company Brand for career progression I know my current company Cloudera is not it once was when I joined in the early 2010s. In terms of resume, FANG experience will definitly be an upgrade. My question is: is Cloudera considered so sub-par now that even companies like Msft, Oracle, IBM or Cisco would be considered an upgrade for the r
- Urgent!! Can I hide the fact that I'm currently pursuing a job? Recently graduated and joined IBM. But looking for other opportunities. Can I say that I don't have a job right now to any hiring manager? I've not put my new job on my resume yet. Please share your thoughts. Thanks
- Any MSFT CSA’s here? Was hoping I could ask a Cloud Solutions Architect from Microsoft to give my resume a look. I’ve had 0 luck applying via portal which I find odd bc two of my team members with similar experience made that move. They can’t give me a referral for one year according to their IBM contract and I don’t b
- Referral Tired of IBM. Looking for a referral to google, Facebook, salesforce, nvidia, or apple. DM/PM me please. Will be okay with possibly setting up some time to speak over the phone or I can send you my resume.
- Need Referrals for New Grad Computer Science Hey everybody, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota. Will be graduating in May of this year (2019) and I am currently looking for a job after that! I have been doing Leetcode since about 3 months now (~400 questions in) I can send resume + pro
- vote IBM vs Salesforce: resume brand and TC which company is better for resume brand and TC growth
- IBM sued over age discrimination https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-17/ibm-is-being-sued-for-age-discrimination-after-firing-thousands Personally impacted by this every time a recruiter scans my profile or resume. As if older engineers stop learning (they don't). Companies are laying off more expensive genXers in favo
- Facebook recruiting I'm graduating soon and I've been applying to different companies. One thing I noticed is that I got interviews with Google, Microsoft, and IBM, but I never heard back from facebook. I'm also not hearing back from small local companies. I try to fit my resume into the job descriptions but I can't fi
- Working IT Call Centers I've been working in a call center for ~3 years and I know a few people who have been working through two company buyouts who have been at the same location and job for 20 years through many pay freezes. I want a more technical postition than level 1 - follow our empty knowledge base. I've been work
- Recruiters thoughts #IBM At this point, I know engineers think about IBM, and working there. But I've been wondering what recruiters thoughts are when seeing IBM on a developer's resume.