- TOP TECH COMPANY RANKINGS - 2019 EDITION 0: Google, Facebook, Netflix 1: Uber, Airbnb, Apple, LinkedIn 2. Dropbox, Lyft, Square 3: Microsoft, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, Slack, Stripe 4: Salesforce, Yelp, Bloomberg, Adobe, Box, Tesla, Indeed, Splunk 5: Zillow, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, SAP, Twilio, Tableau, Glassdoor, Walmart Labs 6: Everything
- vote Formal Expansion of FAANG Acronym It is about time we expanded the FAANG acronym. Which of the following Acronyms would you choose to be used from today onwards? FAAANGUMLANS: Facebook • Amazon • Apple • Airbnb • Netflix • Google • Uber • Microsoft + LinkedIn • Lyft • Adobe • NVIDIA • Salesforce FAANGUMLA/FAANGMULA: Facebook • Ama
- link I’m a (real) Eng Manager at Uber. AMA Following the AMA where the person running the AMA gave no real answers and was probably not a manager (https://us.teamblind.com/s/TKPTt5zW), I’d like to step in for a proper AMA. Some background on me: at Uber for a few years, started as an IC and moved into management via the apprentice manager t
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- 🥇 MAJOR TECH EMPLOYER POWER RANKINGS (SEATTLE ONLY, Q4 2017) These rankings take into account: desirability, compensation, prestige, reputation, quality of life, exclusivity, company trajectory, social brand value, career growth opportunities, stock performance, location, office quality and a secret sauce of other factors. This analysis is focused specificall
- vote Finally hard work pays off after lots of interview Hi Blinders, After applying to almost a hundred companies (Austin/Bay Area), here are my results from last November till today. I know this is nothing compared to Blinders, but still wanted to share and let every one know that don't give up!! 14 Phone Screen -> 8 Technical Phone Screen -> 4 Onsites
- Will CS masters help me? BSEE + MBA + 12 yoe I started in HW, then systems + eng mgmt + program mgmt. Want to be able to do cutting edge AI/ML work, and I’ll be honest, I’d like some elite TC too. I’m in SoCal, top TC was 230 at SpaceX with high stress, now my TC is 190 with no stress. Some of my friends from SpaceX are pulling 300+ at Lyft, U
- Finally after 25 interviews I have 2 offers! Finally made it, below is the list of companies I was rejected by Dropbox -3 times Box Realtor eBay - 2 times Facebook - 4 times Google - 3 times Lyft Funding circle DoorDash Instacart Airbnb Game time LinkedIn Uber - 3 times Adobe Updater Upwork Ancestry New TC - 230k YOE - 5 yrs Edit
- Companies that allow computer for coding onsite So far, as of my onsite interviews last year: - Google: option to use laptop, without running code for coding questions - Airbnb: use computer and run code for coding questions - Bloomberg: use computer and run code for coding questions - Square: use computer and run code for coding questions - U
- vote Best Tech Companies To Work For In 2019 (in no particular order) : ✓ Jane Street / Two Sigma / Citadel ✓ Google / Facebook / Amazon / Microsoft / Netflix / Apple ✓ Uber / Lyft / Airbnb / Pinterest / LinkedIn ✓ Snap / Twitter / Slack / Palantir / Square / Rubrik ✓ Yelp / Quora / Box / Dropbox / Twitch / Hulu ✓ NVIDIA / Salesforce / Adobe / eBay / PayPal ✓ Stri
- vote What is worse? Reneging in accepted offer or quitting within a month? As title suggests, what is worse from a HM perspective? Candidate bailing on an accepted offer or leaving within their first month of joining? Candidate perspective, is it worse from a career perspective to renege and potentially get blacklisted or quit within first month causing a lot of frustrati
- Tier 1/2/3 companies in Bay Area for SWE Let’s do this millionth time, Tier 1 considering pay, prestige, wlb, talent, benefits etc. Here are my rankings Tier 1: Google NetFlix Facebook Apple Uber Tier 2: Amazon Linkedin Dropbox Lyft Airbnb Microsoft Twitter Robinhood Slack Square Pinterest Tier 3: Salesforce Oracle Reddit Quora IBM Nv
- vote Apple/Microsoft/Amazon/Uber, which company is more prestigious to work for? TC:300K
- link H1-b Transfer - LCA Odds of Denial UPDATE: Guys I would like to apologize for the misinformation I provided yesterday. It was not intentional, the data (link provided below) is there referred to as H1b program data and description field for Case Status is given as "Status associated with the last significant event or decision. Valid
- Which company has the potential to be the next FAANGUMLA? Which company is on the road to become the next FAANGUMLA? Facebook•Apple•Amazon•Netflix•Google•Uber•Microsoft•Lyft•Airbnb [LinkedIn included in MSFT, Instagram/WhatsApp/Oculus include FB, Waymo included in GOOG]
- Rank these top companies FAANGUMLLADP Facebook Apple Amazon Netflix Google Uber Microsoft Linkedin Lyft Airbnb Dropbox Pinterest Rakings are based off TC, WLB, Prestige, Career growth, benefits, RSU refreshers etc. My ranking is GF > NU > Apple/Airbnb > Linkedin/Lyft > Dropbox/Pintrest > Microsoft/Amazon TC:200K
- vote Google Uber Microsoft Which company is better for infrastructure roles? Why? I have offers from Google - core-systems, Microsoft Azure and Uber ATG. I’m a new grad with a prior Google internship. Assume same TC.
- Is Blind popular at your company? I know Blind is popular at Facebook, Microsoft, Uber and the other big tech companies, but what about the smaller techs and non tech comps?
- Rank in increasing order of bar of software engineer hiring Google, linkedin, amazon, microsoft, uber, airbnb, bloomberg, FB, netflix, square, quora, apple, Dropbox.
- vote Which laptop should I use? I’m joining Uber this fall as an ops analyst and have the option to pick the following, Side note: I currently use a Microsoft surface as a personal laptop and found it to be fairly easy to work with. I’m open to using a Mac, but haven’t in the past so getting use to the layout might be a be a pa
- link Stop asking for tech company offer numbers! Read this and thank me! Interested in more of such posts? Sign up with Blind today! https://us.teamblind.com/invite/qs7Kmvaz ----- Annoyed by all the repeated questions about offers on Blind, I went to collate the numbers from the posts I see on Reddit and Blind. I update this list as and when I see compensation d
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
and industry lounge.
- Which company should I look for in India? I moved to US last year from India and didn't get much used to here. The work is great but due to family reasons planning to move back. Curious as to which company should I look for? I'm considering Adobe, Microsoft, Uber, Swiggy, Flipkart, Dunzo, Razorpay, etc that I've heard of paying decent. An
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- vote FAANGMULA Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Uber, Lyft, Airbnb.
- Seattle PM Comp Tiers I gave it a shot. Thoughts on list below? What am I missing? Not getting specific comp levels for each, but thought this would be useful as a general guide. Tier 1 (A) Google Facebook Tier 1 (B) Amazon Microsoft (lvl 64+) Apple Uber Airbnb Oracle Lyft Salesforce eBay Hulu Twitter Dropbox Tableau
- Need Referral for Microsoft, amazon, Facebook, uber, apple, lyft, Airbnb, Yelp, Twlio, LinkedIn Hi I am looking for a referral to any of these companies. I have 1.5 yoe in a hedge fund and have interned a year in San Francisco before. Will require a h1-b1 visa. Current Tc around 90k usd.
- vote TOP 20 TECH COMPANIES INDISPUTABLE LIST (2019) Vote in the poll below Top Tech Companies Rankings (based on average SWE IQ score): 1. Jane Street 2. Two Sigma 3. Google 4. Netflix 5. Airbnb 6. Facebook 7. Stripe 8. Lyft 9. Pinterest 10. Uber 11. LinkedIn 12. Dropbox 13. Palintir 14. Snap 15. Slack 16. Robinhood 17. Apple 18. Twitter 19. Microso
- Odds of getting into Google 1:428 Just saw an article that said google receives 3 million applications a year and only hires 7,000 a year. So that’s 1 in 428. Seems kind of crazy. I wonder what the ratios are at other tech companies (fang and non fangs but big names such as uber, Twitter, Salesforce, Microsoft, etc). I’m guessing go
- Optimizing onsite interview scheduling Living in Maryland and looking to move to Seattle. I'm looking to apply to the following companies: * Google * Facebook * Uber * Microsoft * Amazon I have a couple of questions: 1) As a remote candidate, I have no idea how I should go about scheduling these interviews. I've heard that G/MS can ta
- Comment tiers of tech companies in your opinion Tier = Pay, prestige, career opportunities, wlb Tier 0: Google, Netflix Tier 1: Apple, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft Tier 2: Amazon, Microsoft, Linkedin, Tier 3: Twitter, Square, Robinhood, Stripe, Pinterest, Snap, Dropbox, Palantir Tier 4: Salesforce, Zillow, coinbase, Reddit, Spotify, Expedia Tie
- Deal with MSFT exploding offer I have an New Grad FTE offer from Microsoft but it has a very short deadline to accept or reject (less than 10 days). I still have interviews coming up with Google and Uber. The recruiter won’t extend the deadline and there’s chance I don’t get an offer from Google or Uber so I don’t want to reject
- vote Swe Retrospection Would you be considered as a failed software engineer if you don't work for one of the following: Google, Fb, Netflix, Amazon, Uber, Microsoft. I mean they are the top 5/6. If you didn't make it there it's almost as if you failed/didn't reach the top. P.S : For any comparison in comments consider
- vote TOP TECH COMPANIES RANKING 0. Google/Facebook/Netflix 1. Apple/Linkedin/Airbnb/Uber 2. Dropbox/Pinterest/Microsoft/Square 3. Amazon/Snap/Twitter/Robinhood 4. Walmart Labs/Salesforce/Slack 5. Splunk/Oracle/Zillow 6. Everybody else
- How easy is it to get fired at your company? I know some companies like Google and Microsoft are supposed to be 'won't fire ever' whereas Facebook and Uber are fire-happy. Is this perception true? Where does your company land in this firing scale? I'll start, Netflix is at the fire-happy end of spectrum. I think we created that end 😂
- vote FAANG - who should be added or removed? Is the FAANG acronym due for a change? Amazon on average is not competitive in TC with the others. If Amazon is included, why not Microsoft? Likewise, there are new kids on the block like Uber. Also Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Pinterest, Lyft, Slack, Zoom. Should any of them be added?
- High paying companies beside fang ? Splunk Microsoft Uber Lyft Tableau Square Feel free to add
- Uber offer vs Microsoft What is the Uber new grad offer this year? I’ve heard it’s 110/110/0 and there is no room for negotiation. Can anyone confirm? I have an on-site with Uber coming up soon. I already have a Microsoft offer that’s a lot stronger and wondering which company would be better in the long term. If I were to
- vote FAANG, Airbnb, LinkedIn, Lyft, Microsoft, Uber: Do you feel pressure/stress due to fear of PIP or layoff risk? (for employees at the mentioned companies) how to interpret results: compare proportion of "FEAR" = yes/(total votes) = yes/(yes+no) across companies
- Referral I just completed my Masters in Computer Science from New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology. I am looking for a New Grad (Entry Level) Software Engineer position. Can anyone help me to get a referral for a New Grad Software Engineer position at the company like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Micro
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
and industry lounge.
- Heaven is where... The engineers come from Google. The product managers come from Amazon. The designers come from Apple. The infrastructure is built by AWS. Work life balance is managed by Microsoft. The parties are organized by Uber. HR is run by Lyft. The promotion committee is run by eBay. And your compensation is
- vote What was your Unique selling point when you got through FANGMULT/Unicorn Title says it all!!! You may select multiple options Facebook, apple, amazon, netflix, google, uber, lyft, twitter, microsoft, linkedin
- I don’t know where to go I’m at Microsoft and I used to be at Uber. I’m really sick of how boring Microsoft is and want to leave like yesterday. Onsite scheduling is lining up for a couple months from now. I would like to go to Google but it’s quite a commute and who knows if I’ll get in even after studying. Facebook as we
- Facebook Intern return offer Just got an intern return offer for a E3 new grad position last week. I got EE ratings and thought I did really well on the internship despite the lowball. Recruiter said base and stock are non-negotiable but signing is. 110/150/65 and 10% target bonus What do you guys think? Also what are some co
- vote Uber vs Google vs Microsoft vs Bloomberg Which offer should I take? New Grad, Computer Science from one of top 10 schools. Which one of these match offers?
- vote Your YOE when you first joined FAANGMULLT Title says it all Facebook, apple, amazon, netflix, google, Microsoft, uber, linkedIn, lyft, twitter
- vote Which FAANG company has a good work life balance. Just following a post that showed too much variability in answers. I will add Uber, Lyft, Microsoft, and Nvidia just out of curiosity. Please participate if you have worked in these companies or you have some strong inside information about them.
- Blind users and post style In my opinion seems like people from ___ are: Google, a bit cocky but ok. Facebook, very cocky, a bit nervous Apple, boring Microsoft, cynic, funny and wise. Top posters. Oracle, cynic. Amazon, whiners, sometimes funny. Intel, depressed Netflix, chill and happy Snap, not chill Uber, Lift,
- Which company can grow 3x-10x if join now Uber Airbnb instacart Robinhood facebook google Netflix stripe databrick opendoor Pinterest snap twitter Microsoft amazon others