First Data Comp
First Data Comp
- link [AMA] Interview tips after a recent round of offers (380~500k) TLDR: Offers ranging 380k~500k from Facebook, Uber, and 2 other companies. Non-exceptional IC with 5 years of experience. Interview tips are nuanced and its your loss if you don’t read. ### About me ### Software engineer with 5 yoe in the bay. B.Eng (not comp sci) in a well-known school. Mostly se
- vote Lowballed by Google(EDIT: Google pays up) EDIT : Updated communication from Google; see bottom edit Location : India YoE : 3 Offer : L4, 50k USD(35L INR) Competing : Microsoft L61, ~60k(42L INR)(65k/45L including 10% perf+reloc) Current : 50k(43k cash+ options; series H startup). This is a core data science engineering team that I'm reall
- Thoughts on Indeed job offer for Staff SWE? Hi all, I'm a recently promoted staff SWE at Google trying to decide what I should do about a job offer I got this past week from Indeed. I feel like my comp at Google is close to median for L6 so part of me is wondering if I stay at Google will my comp increase enough to compete/beat the job offer
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Another data point on industry hire in the bay ..great read :) Found this post on Reddit and seems really helpful . Just posting it here . ————///——————///——————///——/ Hi everyone, I just went through a round of interviews and wanted to share a data point. I wanted to share some interview tips that you may not have seen before. I'll also answer questions in A
- Lyft director comp I have recently been contacted about a Director position at Lyft (it's a business role and not Eng). What is the typical base + equity at this level? Eng and non- eng data points would both be helpful. Just think that they won't be able to match my current comp especially equity Sorry, first time p
- sick to death of 'progressive' fraud and aggression (women in tech) love women. love women in tech. hired and promoted many women at google in technical roles ... years before it became topic of discussion or fashionable groupthink obsession ... before training, c level diversity staff, or self loathing reports about how googlers are not right colors and genders etc
- Top Engineer or Engineering Manager comp in Toronto I'm thinking about moving to Toronto, Canada. I have about 12 yoe total and 2 1/2 yoe as a first line manager. Currently a principal engineer in distributed systems and data streaming platforms. What companies in Toronto (or remote opportunities) have the best total comp packages available with a
- Evaluate MBB offer versus ServiceNow Guys, posting for the first time. So forgive any mistakes! I need to evaluate between offers from an MBB (McK) in Charlotte, NC and ServiceNow in Seattle, WA. Both offers are in data science. MBB offer is in the expert track of consulting, and not the traditional strategy track. Which company makes
- vote L5 Data Scientist Amazon vs. T3 Product Analyst (Data Scientist) Google Dear Blind members, I currently have a L5 DS offer at Amazon with around 160 full comp and Google offered me a T3 Product Analyst in their Photo team. I asked for a 200k full comp in CA to be some what comparable to what Amazon is offering and Google said that won't work and asked me for a slightly
- Two Offers: Weighing Stock Options vs. "Sure Thing" I haven't worked at a startup before, so trying to gauge how likely it is that stock options would work in my favor vs. being a disappointment after 5 years. (Also would appreciate any thoughts about the long-term differences in career path for a DE vs. a PA). I'm currently at Amazon as an L5 BIE.
- vote Choosing between following offers Posting my current New Grad offers to seek opinion 1. Amazon (SDE1) 108+ 24(first year )+20(second year) + 70k/4 (5/15/40/40) No team and location guarantees before accepting the offer :( 2. Walmart Labs (Data Scientist) Comp :- 145k + 23k (bonus) + 80k/4 (25% vesting each year) (5K first year /
- Netflix compensation expectations Hi Folks, I need some advise on numbers or what I can expect for my level of experience at Netflix. I am being offered a senior software engineer in Test role at Netflix, HR wants me to come up with my expectations on salary and take it from there and see how it goes with their numbers. Basically
- PayPal Marketing Level 25 ? Does anybody know a healthy range for level 25 marketing? I’ve been asked to give the first number for my salary expectation. I’ve been working with them as a contractor and my current comp, without benefits or vacation, is 180k. I have the impression, but not hard data, that other people on the te
- Data Engineer Manager Comp What kind of total comp breakdown should one expect for a first time data engineer manager at a non-fang company?
- link Any NYC iOS Dev Guys/Gals Looking for Side Hustle? Looking for an iOS dev with swift exp to join our big data & digital apparel startup. Four-person team, started about 18 months ago, all of us working this on the side. Concept is simple and straightforward. Our sexy cool B2C app is powered by our extremely boring and process-driven B2B logistics a