- Undergrad getting into data science. Please judge me, criticize me, give me advice! In May I graduate with a Bachlors of Business in Business Analytics from a mediocre University. I feel very scared. Its taken me a while to figure things out and now I feel like I’ve set myself on the wrong trajectory and I need to correct my path. I really liked stats, linear algebra, data mining
- HW to SW pivot Hey y'all, A 10 yr hardware dude pushing 40. Did a stint at one of the FAANG cos(they make a very popular ebook reader). Was put on pip, crashed out, thrashed around and now shoveling crap at my present place. Think I just burnt out and there is no going back.😑. Couldn't code my way out of a brown
- Hardware to Software transition in India I am looking to shift from my current HW job to a SW role. After doing Coursera courses, I have solved 100+(mix of Medium and Hard) problems on Leetcode. But I have hardly anything to write about SW in my resume. Which all companies would should I target to get interview calls. Google was gracious
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Are there relevant, useful, free, online programs or courses that one could pursue to add value to his/her resume? Yes there are a ton of online programs you can pursue. Check out alisson.com, edx ,MIT online platform, Coursera, Lynda; the list is endless. However I want to talk about how you can effectively pull off adding online courses taken to your resume to show the quality you will be to them. Adding rel
- How to gain a new skill? How does one go about learning a new skill and gain relevant experience that one can show on their resume when his/her day job is does not involve using that new skill? Online courses are fine but they do not carry enough weightage. They do not expose you to the level of detail/complexities that yo