- Uber ATG / Gusto: Mission Bay commute ? For folks who just moved into the new Gusto and Uber ATG offices at 20th/ Illinois: How’s the commute from Pac Heights / Marina?
- Netflixers benefits- uber rides? Can someone from Netflix confirm if uber rides are free for you and you only pay the tax amount on uber rides? Is this for work commute only?
- vote How many adults here do not have driving license? I am an adult and don't have one. 😢 If you don't have one how do you commute? Uber?
- Living in Richmond district How's the quality of life next to Golden Gate Park? Commute? Got no car, only uber.
- Uber Employee Credits Starting Uber soon! I heard there's a separate promo for employees to commute home for free if they leave after a certain hour, any truth to that?
- Which company pays for parking in Seattle? Which company pays for parking in Seattle. Amazon Uber Zillow Facebook Twitter How do you commute to office from East side
- vote Choose between Uber and google Got 2 offers, Uber senior 2: TC 400k per year assume $40 per share Rsu Google l4: TC 330k per year I knew level wise Uber senior 2 is much better than google l4 which is not negotiable But google is much closer for commute, better team gcp, better benefit, culture and prestige. Wondering am I t
- Commuting to workday Pleasanton form sunnyvale.. Anyone doing it? Title says it all.. I am in sunnyvale and currently work at uber sf and take Caltrain so commute works out well.. Debating whether to relocate to Pleasanton or Livermore for workday...
- SF people - where do you live? Do you rent/own? BART, walk, or drive? What's your commute like? Specifically looking for those who work in SOMA (Twitter, square, uber, etc) but any info is welcome. We're Seattleites.
- Uber shuttles to SF? I’m totally new to the Bay Area and know I’m going to commute from the east bay so my wife can be closer to her work in Cupertino. Does Uber offer shuttle service to Mission?
- Uber/Lyft expense eligibility for FSA I see one is eligible for monthly $265 for transit and parking to use from tax-free FSA allocated money. Have you got reimbursed Uber/ Lyft rides from this monthly FSA limit for the commute purpose?
- vote Uber vs Google I have offers from both. Uber is for 5a while Google is 4. Assuming pay is similar after negotiations, which do you guys think is the best choice? These are my pros and cons: Uber - free promotion, probably higher tc and more upside, more impact in terms of work Google - better commute and wlb, bett
- Uber high attrition rate 1) Why Uber has very high attrition rate ? 1) Long commute to SF 2) I can't think of any other reason . 2) Is it a good time to join Uber in August 2018 ? Are they really planning to go for IPO soon ?
- Uber credits in Palo Alto Office? I’ll be joining Uber soon in Palo Alto and wondering where should I relocate in Bay Area (moving from SEA). If I live close to Sunnyvale, wondering if Uber credits would cover my daily commute? Or do they have any shuttle service.
- Commute options Bellevue to SLU Considering an offer when Amazon. Commute is one of my big concerns - recruiter tells me they have frequent shuttles from Bellevue office, and we would get $160 towards commute benefits. Sample timing would help The $160 can be spent on ride share if you want or is it only for scoop/carpool/vanp
- vote Offer evaluation Facebook vs Uber I'm currently deciding between FB (L6) and Uber (5b). It has been tough to decide because I keep flipping between them every now and then. Some additional information below. Nature of work and team: Similar at both companies Commute: FB is way better since I live in Mountain View and don't plan
- Has anyone used Waze Carpool yet? In SF, have a job interview down in Mountain View and the cost on Waze Carpool was estimated as less than my Uber/Lyft to current job in SF. How the fuck does someone without driver's license (NYC born & raised) commute without giving up hours of their life to public transpo.
- Rent 1 bed apt in SF Planning to move to SF in a month or two. What would be decent neighborhoods to rent a 1 bed apartment based on following criteria. Safe for running Peaceful Parks Commute under 25 minutes from Uber/Twitter Rent - trying to keep under 3300 TC: 270K
- Amazon vs Uber Edit 1: Adding current comp and level details Current: L63 Senior (just got promoted) YOE: 6 TC: 220ish Both Seattle. Both SDE II. L4 Uber. Amazon - L5 Base: 151 Stocks: 105 units (5, 15, 40, 40) Joining Bonus: 80K year 1. 60K year 2. Yearly refresher: not specified. Uber - L4: Base - 151 Stock
- Uber Palo Alto I got a call for Uber on-site for networking software engineer position. I m contemplating whether to go or not as hiring manager mentioned to me that the position is actually in San Francisco but not in Palo Alto. I live around Sunnyvale and prefer to avoid commute to SF. He did mention that I can
- vote Uber vs Amazon Both Seattle. L4 Uber, L5 Amazon. Current Level at MS: 63 (just got promoted) YOE: 6 Amazon - L5 - Good Cash first 2 years. Bad every other aspect and long term. Base: 151 Stocks: 105 units (5, 15, 40, 40) Joining Bonus: 80K year 1. 60K year 2. Yearly refresher: Nothing until 2021. Uber - L4: - N
- Best neighborhoods/areas to live in Seattle Hey. I am about to move to Seattle to work for Uber. What neighborhoods or areas would you recommend me to live in? Of course I have done a research but I would like to read from people who actually live there. I am looking for clean and not so expensive neighborhoods. I am willing to make a 20 min
- vote Apple vs Uber I got offers for both companies. Here are the numbers: 6 yoe Uber: 175k base 11k RSUs (it depends who you ask but many funds value them between 40 and 60 per unit) new hire grant 50k sign on Apple: 165k base 100k in RSUs new hire grant 30k sign up bonus There is no doubt that Uber had changed th
- Offer from Uber in SF - now at Amazon in Seattle I'm an L6 at Amazon in Seattle and expecting an offer from Uber in SF in the next few days. I'm currently at $150k and TC of $275k. Few questions... A) What can I expect from a work life balance perspective going to Uber from Amazon? Overall my work life balance is fine at Amazon...50hrs a week or
- Preparing for interviews, need suggestions. I am starting to prepare for interviews and could use some help in setting the direction. I am mostly looking to target Senior SWE positions at Uber, Lyft, Fb, ServiceNow, Qualtrics etc. Any guidance on the following will help... 1. What level of leetcode questions should I practice more? 2. Does a
- I don’t know where to go I’m at Microsoft and I used to be at Uber. I’m really sick of how boring Microsoft is and want to leave like yesterday. Onsite scheduling is lining up for a couple months from now. I would like to go to Google but it’s quite a commute and who knows if I’ll get in even after studying. Facebook as we
- FIRE - I am there yet feel I can't quit This is going to be a longer post - mainly because I would like to get an advise and feel I need to share most of the details. I am in early 40s with 2 young kids (1st and 2nd grade) and wife who only works part time (negligible income). We live in one of the expensive coastal cities and I have been