- link Walmart vs CVS Walmart and CVS made a big fuss out of the possible end of their partnership and just reached an agreement today. Both companies’ stock prices went up. But if they indeed end their partnership, which company would lose more? I think CVS would’ve been in a worse position than Walmart but played the
- Yahoo finance geniuses Your BEST and probably the ONLY product-finance .. doesn’t work half the time! Stock charts are delayed the market watchlists disappear randomly and the quotes are just outright wrong. What gives? Good job! @yahoo
- link Prediction: Several market corrections on the way This is the prediction of the analyst in the link below: Several market corrections are on the way. What do you think? Does his analysis makes sense? https://www.marketwatch.com/story/morgan-stanley-strategist-says-several-stock-market-corrections-by-end-of-2018-make-a-lot-of-sense-2018-02-20?sitei
- Dying companies with bleak future? Lets stock up. Which companies do you think are on a decline and will probably not revive, pretty much like last 7-10 yrs that Yahoo saw before its demise. I will start with Oracle, Cisco, Intel, SAP? Feel free to add to the list and comment.
- Twitter SWE II Compensation in SF I’ve received an offer from Twitter today for SWE II. Base: $150,000 Bonus: 15% Stock: 8000 units (about $226,000) over 4yrs TC is then about $229,000/year I have 1.5 years working at Yahoo and 3 years working outside of Silicon Valley. Does this sound reasonable?
- New Grad Salary I recently completed all my interviews at yahoo small business group (part of Verizon). I recently graduated and wanted to know how much I can ask for a salary so that I don’t get low balled. Any ideas on how much I can ask ? (base | stock | joining bonus)
- link New grad startup offer Recently received an offer by a new startup promising to “revolutionize Search”. Low TC, and I doubt they’ll beat the current king of search (Yahoo). What do you guys think? Comp package: 65k and 125k in stock options. Website is www.google.com
- Funding for house downpayment I require 140K downpayment for buying house. Have the following assets (excluding 401K as I don’t want to touch it). The house price is 700K so I am paying 20% downpayment. 85K cash 25K Stock of Altaba (Yahoo) 80K mutual funds (S&P 500) 1. Can anyone advise which ones should I sell to get to 140K.
- Should I accept this offer? I was just recently offered a position of Software Engineer with the Yahoo Mail team doing Android development in Kotlin in Sunnyvale, CA. And I’m slated to start in early January. Today is actually the last day for me to accept it as I was given the official offer two days ago and they said it expi
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- What age you started investing? Here is a brief overview about me. I paid off all of my student loans at 25. Till the age of 28 I was just saving money to buy a home. So kept all my money in check in account as I was too afraid to invest in stock market. In November 2016 my uncle told to put all 401K from bond/money market to S&P