- vote Technology - 5G and Artificial Intelligence - China vs USA I saw a video online where it shows China will deploy 5G in 2020. Huawei is at the forefront of it. Additionally, AI is another domain where China is gaining a lot of ground. Huawei alone spends $15B in Chinese Labor per year for RnD while Apple spends $14B in US labor. Most US tech companies foc
- vote Deciding between two offers I have got an offer from Facebook at e4 level (iOS engineer) and from Apple (mid-senior position as well). Compensation wise both are almost on the same level. - In FB, I will get the opportunity to focus more on App-development and consumer-facing products which I have wanted to do for some time n
- Career Advice: Apple TPM or Amazon L5 SDE2 I am currently SDE at Oracle. Got offer from Apple for TPM. The TPM offer is Technical Product Manager. How is the future for TPM role? Do you guys suggest a move from SDE to TPM? Offered Level - ICT4 Offered TC: 225k current TC: 160k YoE: 2.5 Also i am on F1 OPT and i would need H-1B. Both Apple
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- LinkedIn better than FANG I’d rather work for LinkedIn than Facebook, Apple, Netflix or Google. Great SF location, generous compensation and benefits, great work life balance, product is more ethical (non addictive, consumer isn’t the product), good food... why would anyone choose to work for FANG? (Other than perhaps, brand
- link What do you think about Elizabeth Warren's proposal to break up big tech? Will it benefit economy by creating more competition and offer more consumer choices? https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/9/18257965/elizabeth-warren-break-up-apple-monopoly-antitrust
- Analysis of Apple’s slowdown in China What’s going on ? Is Huawei beating Apple in the Chinese market ? Or is the brand weakening ? Or do people no longer want to overpay for a brand ? Slowdown in consumer Spending? A combination of above factors ?
- Google considering L4 due to past interview YOE 18 Embedded SWE. Try for Consumer HW. Last year, Interviewed for L5, did terrible. Got L4. Turned down. This year, interviewed for L6, went to L6 HC, they simply say leadership and system design not strong. Total BS. Anyways, HC approved but they asking VP to decide L4 or L5 JUST because I h
- [HW] Google not matching Apple offer Hi, - 6 yoe in HW validation - interviewed at Apple, got an offer for L4 [170k/160k/35k] - got interviewed at Google for their Consumer HW team Google recruiter said the interview feedback is largely positive and they would want to move ahead with offer after HC review, but said it won't be an
- vote Is Apple considered a prestigious (Tier 1) company to work for as SWE? Heard good things about different projects and talent pool but equally bad equally about secrecy and tech stack. This obviously doesn't count for IS&T teams but more of their consumer-based product teams e.g. Apple pay, music, AMP, Siri etc. Tc: 240K
- Tech companies in recession Which tech companies will be ok during recession? Which ones will be hit the most? For example, FB will take hit since it relies on Ads, advertisers and SMB will spend less. Netflix will see more subscribers growth as people cut off expensive cords, but what about ads revenue and investment on ori
- vote Apple vs. Airbnb vs. staying at Salesforce Entry level engineer, recently got offers from Apple and Airbnb. Do people recommend moving or staying at Salesforce? Apple company culture seems opaque, but the hiring team seems nice and projects seem more interesting. Airbnb seems to have nice company culture, but not sure how the engineering p
- Choosing Google vs. Oculus tl;dr Interviewed at both Google consumer hardware and Oculus/FB for HW Design (RTL) role. Waiting on HC on both. Want insight about long term career prospects. Long version: I am waiting on HC decision on both companies for RTL Design role. Don’t know comp numbers yet and will share once I do. Oc
- Product design refferal at Apple? Hey, I'm looking to move away from big blue, and into consumer electronics. Anyone from apple able to help me out with a refferal? Thanks!!
- Looking to break into a great company... Hello community, I am looking for some assistance/advice in breaking into one of the FAANGs ( or any company that is a fit) I have over 15 years in Sales, Marketing and Account management, working for companies like Samsung and Sprint. I currently reside in the Bay Area and want to lend my talents
- can I contribute to Lawsuits against Apple? I’ve got no knowledge about how these things work, but are there groups which are taking Apple to court for deliberately slowing down iOS devices? If these efforts are crowd-funded, can we contribute/donate? I’m just a hurt consumer who cares for devices very well, and am willing to use them for l
- UX Designer Referral Looking for new positions! Anyone kind enough to give some feedback on portfolio and a referral? I’m 6 YOE UX/Product Designer in SF Bay. Experience in consumer mobile product. Looking to get into - Apple Uber AirBnb Netflix Microsoft
- IoT, Home Automation, Wearable HW Companies I am a Hardware Engineer looking to transition into consumer facing product design and am passionate about IoT, Home Automation, and Wearables. Here are a list of companies I am already looking into: Nest, Fitbit, Google, Amazon Labs, Apple Any other promising companies out there you guys recommend
- vote Does it make sense to breakdown giant tech companies strickly from the point of view of consumer?? For example: 1. Will consumer/advertisers benefits more when we have Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc etc as different companies and compete with each other?? User can switch platform if they don't like the policy and operations of one company.. 2. Can AWS serve their customer better if they are
- Business travel in google hardware (consumer electronics) vs apple How much is the business travel in google consumer hardware? I know Apple can be up to 20% to Asia, like crazy.
- link The 250 Most Effectively Managed U.S. Companies—and How They Got That Way https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-most-effectively-managed-u-s-companiesand-how-they-got-that-way-1512482887 " Amazon.com Inc. tops the list of the nation’s most effectively managed businesses. On the online retail juggernaut’s heels are Apple Inc. and Google parentAlphabet Inc . , in second and thi
- Apple Referral Hi folks, Can someone refer me for a role at Apple Health? I have 12+ years experience in med devices in similar roles. I can share detail about my experience over DM. I am looking to move out from traditional devices to digital and consumer health tech.
- I'm interested in a product management position in Apple Have a lot of expertise with platform and consumer facing products. Am interested in supply chain, IT applications or the consumer web. Any ideas on how to approach? Have contacts in Apple... But not in areas I'm interested in.
and industry lounge.