- vote Stay or go for Netflix position? I work in relaxed environment where is no a lot of pressure. I am given enough time to do all the work. I don't work more than 40 hours a week. Go out lunch with co-workers and enjoy having discussion I work remote two days a week. I am happy here. Got an offer from Netflix TC is $390 for senior e
- Did Netflix layoff people during 2008 recession? I know Netflix layoff people due to performance. Just wondering if Netflix layoff people specific to the economy downturn?
- what do engineers do at big tech companies Just a general question from somebody outside the tech scene - what do engineers (YOU) do at established tech companies? *instagram - no changes to the front end, no new feature.. what do you do all day? *facebook - same old just a refreshed interface every long time *Netflix - mobile app’s remained
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- PIPs and layoffs in big companies I am really curious to understand the concept of performance improvement plans and the stress that it causes to potential victims and the layoffs. Those of you who have seen people getting PIPed, why do you think it happened to them? Were those people really bad? Or were they stuck with the wrong t
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- vote How are things at Lyft? Not making any progress at Netflix and feels overworked. Interviewed at Lyft with Data Platform. Team is good and Work is interesting. Expecting offer from them. How’s the org? How are things in general at Lyft? Are people worried about the stock price? How’s the morale in general? Any upcoming la
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =