- FAANG virgin Hi Blind community, As the title indicates I'm a FAANG virgin. I have my first Amazon interview on Monday!!! (Which I'm excited, nervous, a wreck & stressing over it). Can you please give me some pointers? What should I say and not say? How's this team? Other teams I'll be working with? How do I ne
- Internship in bay area I just got an offer for a internship in sf with top fintech company for 47/hr and 74/hr overtime but with no housing. It's a swe role. I have another offer from Microsoft as a pm intern with a salary of 7345 per month and 7k relocation I think the pm role is cool but I love swe. But the lack of ho
- Newbie here. Is everyone's TC really this high or is there some joke I'm not getting? I work in fintech but am not an engineer. I'm a back office guy who knows some programming but not enough to get paid to do it full time. Where I live -- Tokyo -- my TC of about 5M JPY (~45k USD) is pretty standard for someone doing my job. Younger folks work much longer hours for less. And I'm not
and industry lounge.
- Title: IT Application Dev Engineer II (L5)- Oracle Application Developer-Fin Tech Group. I am 11 yrs experienced Oracle TechnoFunctional associate. Attributing to interview feedback they are offering Level5 SDE II position. My role is Oracle Applications technical resource, at Seattle FinTech Group. Could you guys please tell me if the below salary offer is good or not. Also what sho
- link Better.com Anyone have any experiences with or thoughts about Better.com? It’s a mortgage fintech startup in NYC nearing unicorn valuation. They’re offering salaries similar to FAANG and expanding very rapidly right now. I haven’t had much luck finding info about Better engineering.
- Amazon-Level 5 Oracle Application Developer. I am 11 yrs experienced Oracle TechnoFunctional associate. Attributing to interview feedback they are offering Level5 SDE II position. My role is Oracle Applications technical resource, at Seattle FinTech Group. Could you guys please tell me if the below salary offer is good or not. Also what sho
- SF startup salary - fintech Title : Sr SWE YoE: 5 after college, 6 in total Salary: 147k+10k signing or 155k base w/o signing, performance bonus 20% + equity Location: Financial district, SF It's a FinTech company. They're an early startup(about 1 year old) but already got the product running and generating revenue. So i feel
- Underpaid Startup Early Employee Career Advice Bear with me, long rant: I have been working for a series-A fintech startup in San Francisco for 3y after graduation as a software engineer. Current compensation is 95k salary. I was the 10th employee to join this company, and now we have 30 people in total. Last year, I was promised a raise for t
- FB vs startup?? Currently IC5 PM at FB London, 8 YOE, TC $220 (plus all the free stuff) Been offered PM Director role at 1,000 employee London FinTech startup - $150 salary, no bonus, share options which (if the company exits/IPOs at goal price in 3 years) will be worth ~$850k Other considerations: - I’ve just h
- Technology consultant I am about to finish my master in physics (specialising in AI implementation to pattern recognition) and I'm applying to grad jobs in the tech sector, mostly for analyst roles at big tech and fintech companies. A friend of mine has referred me to IBM London for a technology consultant position and
- Looking for a CTO Fintech startup, prototype ready, some capital already raised with a lot of other investors interested, all partners needed to launch ready to go. Equity and salary available.
- Is Fintech really king of data science/ machine learning salaries? I've been going back and forth with a few fintech opportunities and the all in is $700k-$1m across each of them. For context I have 3 professional years experience, one patent contribution and finishing masters at a top 15 university and have only one contribution to publication. I was always under
- Does working in Bloomberg as a SE helps you invest better? My dream is to be FIRE or FI as early as possible. To do so investment is important. Salary is O(n), investment is O(c^n). Therefore I hope to work in Bloomberg so I can use the Bloomberg terminal for free and learn more finance during work time. Does it make sense? For people in Bloomberg, do you r
- JP Morgan Technology Analyst Program Insights Any thoughts or reviews on the Technology Analyst Program for Software Engineers for JP Morgan or other investment banks? Currently going through the interview process as a new grad and looking for any information about the program. Side note: salary seems to be substantially lower than most new gr
- #salary #banking Anyone heard of a "Master Software Engineer" in banking/fintech space? Trying to figure out what the base is, Cap One has most reported salaries at 144k base + bonus...not sure how true that is...
- Career Pathway?: Senior DevOps Engineer Hey 👋 I am currently working as a Senior DevOps Engineer at a fintech company; I’m trying to figure out which pathway I should take from here that would be worth it in the long run. I’m exploring specializing in Machine Learning or Big Data, a lot of my experienece is in python. Would management b
- Front End Developer needed for Fintech Startup Friend and I are working on a Fintech startup. Need a front end developer. Anyone interested in joining as a side project? Need a 5 - 20hr weekly commitment. We can offer up to 15% equity and 50-100k back pay salary. Dm me if interested.
- Product manager salaries I'm a product manager with 8 years experience . Working at a fintech group at a big bank. My salary is 160k base and 35% bonus. I'm new to blind and reading through these posts on salaries and feeling very under paid. Payscale however says I'm in the 90th percentile. Why such a huge disparity and
- What should I do next? How to leave enterprise hosting? I'm currently a technical account manager, but a more accurate description would be systems engineer or something along those lines. I support large install base accounts from setting up a backup schedule, tuning their storage, recommending and implementing complete architecture changes, etc. Basica
- Choosing between non-comparable job offers Sorry in advance about the wall of text. Currently unemployed senior SWE, left my last job 5 weeks ago, laid off with severance from a place I hated pretty much as soon as I got on the inside. Have 3 verbal offers and one "positive feedback" after onsite that didn't say it was a verbal offer but r
- High salaries in FinTech I'm a Big Data Engineer in Bay Area stuck at 140K with 10 years of experience. I think that's a bit low. Any recommendations to switch to Financial Tech companies to make quick high bucks? Which companies should I look into?
- Junior Project Manager Salary I recently graduated with my MBA and have worked for a Fintech company as a project manager for almost a year and a half. What would be the expected salary?
and industry lounge.
- Front End Developer Needed for Fintech Start-up A group of entrepreneurs and I are working on a Fintech startup. Need a front end developer. Anyone interested in joining as a side project? Need a 5 - 20hr weekly commitment. We can offer up to 15% equity and 50-100k back pay salary. Dm me if interested.
- Transitioning from startup in Mid market city Looking for career growth opportunities in larger companies or startups in larger markets. I’ve worked for 2 startups but feel like my career trajectory has plateaued both from a salary and opportunity stand-point. Currently I’m the VP, Biz Dev/Partnerships/Marketing (we’re a 10 person company). I