- It all works out in the end! Facebook | Palantir | Amazon I started prep for interviews 8 months back. Gave my 100% for a Google interview which happened 6 months back in Dublin. Got rejected because I used pointer instead of reference variable in the interview and got the feedback that my memory management skills are not good(Yep! Even I was shocked :p)
- Algorithmic management of my own money I am thinking of this idea and curious about initial thoughts. I have significant expertise in relevant ML and statistics (for time-series, noisy/small data etc.), as well as expertise with financial markets. I know all the challenges of starting a quant hedge fund and respect Two Sigma, Rentec, B
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Compare Offers Google vs Citadel I got to choose between two offers. Google offer is L4 in NYC, 260K TC (160K base, 15% bonus, 275K stock/4years, and 35K sign-on). Citadel offer is Quant Developer in Chicago, 340K TC (200K base, 130K bonus and 40K sign-on). Background is CS Ph.D with 3 yoe. Any suggestions?
- Google new grad negotiation Expecting offer soon -- (1) what's the max TC for new grad L3 at Google? (2) Does it differ from industry hires and if so, can I argue that 5 internships is exceptional and different from new grads? (3) Can I use CoL as justification for more TC (Chicago vs bay area is a very large difference)? For
- What is it like being a trader? I'm a junior still in undergrad (top 10 USNews despite not being a typical CS target) and am pondering trying my hand at quant/trader interviews. So I wanted to ask, what is it like being a quant or trader at firms like Citadel, HRT, Jump...etc? Is it high pressure and how are the hours like? I tra
- Quant vs SWE Over the past few years I have been aiming towards becoming a swe when i graduate and I am in my final year now with a grad offer for an SWE role. I am now more curious though to become a quant. It seems quite interesting/thrilling to research algorithms to trade on the stock market. What draws me
- Lyft Biz Ops/strategy team Hi! I’m debating between joining Lyft’s Biz Strategy team or Blackstone Alternative Asset Management. I have 3 years of work ex post undergrad offer particulars: Lyft: $120K base $60k stocks/4 years vesting schedule Blackstone: role: Investment associate (Quant strategy) $140k base $50-$60K annual
- Return Intern Offer at FB Hey guys got a return offer from FB from summer internship as an E3. Recurring TC: 158k (additional stock bonuses and per bonuses not included) TC: 223.5k I worked on an ML team and I enjoyed the work I was one of the few engineers on a mainly research scientist team. That said there was a lo
- Twitter Lead Data Analyst TC expectations? I'm considering a Lead Analyst position at Twitter. Wondering what my TC expectation should be, not finding a lot of data here or Glassdoor. Not data scientist track. Don't want to give the org out, as it's relatively small. Hard requirements on the req are quant grad degree, 7+ YOE, SQL/python,