- Which brokerage do you use? Planning to open a brokerage account for index funds like VTI, VOO, etc. Any thoughts on eTrade vs. Vanguard direct vs. Robinhood? RH seems appealing with free trades, any reason not to use?
- Anything wrong with this CD buying strategy? Let's say there are short term CD's that their duration is only one month with the rate of %2. I can buy equivalent of 100k and I'll have 102k after one month. Immidiately after expiration I buy the same CD or another 2% with 102k and I can do that for a whole year, and get the my princioal with co
- Vanguard index funds Im new to the investment game. I have my brokerage account with fidelity through Microsoft. Im looking to invest in index funds 40% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund 30% Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund 30% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund But all these Vanguard index funds
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Any experience transferring a whole brokerage account from Vanguard to Chase? Keeping it classy here. I want to get that 60k sapphire points bonus from chase and need to move $75k in. I’d hate to just park cash there at a crappy interest, so I though I would just move my Vanguard brokerage account, but never heard of anybody doing that before. Have you done it? Was it easy?
- 401k: brokerage & portfolio selection Which brokerage do you use: vanguard, or fidelity? And, when you choose the investment portfolio how do you pick the selection, specially if you are a risk-averse person like me. Just to share, my current vanguard election has something like 90% equity + 10% bonds allocation, which was set by defau
- Rate of Return for a Vanguard Brokerage Account Please help me understand these numbers - I can't make sense of the below rate of return. An 8k return on 111k investment must be ~7% right?
- How to keep my investments internationally available? My future in the USA is uncertain (#h1bmasterrace) Where should I park my investments so i have minimal headaches if I do leave? I have a vanguard brokerage account and a fidelity 401k. I have heard that after FATCA, these companies do not play nice with people no longer in the US
- vote Schwab vs. Fidelity I’m looking for a brokerage to do free trades of any stock or ETF in a Roth IRA account. So all that I care about is: - should provide Roth IRA account - free trades of any stock, ETF - high yield money market funds with low expense ratio where I can park cash I do not care about the brokerage’s in
- Vanguard account while relocating out of US I have used Vanguard brokerage for many years investing mostly in VFIAX. Planning to move back for good to my home country in the next 6-7 months. Was curious if Vanguard allows maintaining account even after I move back? Specifically I wanted to know: 1. Can I still invest in Vanguard after I move
- Can non resident aliens open vanguard Brokerage Account ? I’m on F1 from last 3+ years , I’m considered as a non resident alien until 5 years or change of status to H1/GC (whichever comes earlier ). I was unable to open Vanguard Brokerage account online and was asked to call the customer care. Customer care Representative told me that “Non resident are not
- Using vanguard vs Schwab brokerage account Folks, New to investing and planning to spend an year or two with just indexes and mutual funds until I learn the art of reading balance sheets and earnings to venture into stocks. I started with a brokerage account both on vanguard and Schwab to start with. Liked the simplicity of vanguard and i
- Roth Fund Selection Hi folks. I'm about to do the yearly $5.5K backdoor Roth and wanted to ask about fund selection. I already own Vanguard Total Market Index in my brokerage account. It's a very tax-efficient fund, and since Roth has tax advantages I wanted to leverage that by placing less tax-efficients funds there.
- Vanguard brokerage tax documents When are Vanguard brokerage tax documents typically available? Do they post online or mail it?
- Anyone here uses TillerHQ.com? https://www.tillerhq.com/ I use Google sheets to track my investments. Once in a while, I go and update me positions/quantities in the sheet, then use GOOGLEFINANCE API to get the actual Dollar amount of my positions. I have accounts with several providers (Trad.ira & Roth ira with Fidelity, broke
- M1finance Has anyone tried M1finance? They are a free robo-advisor / brokerage combo, but they only allow ETFs? I have a couple of Vanguard mutual funds, but in addition to them, i’m thinking of opening an ETF account in M1finance. Did anyone have any experience using it?