- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- Wonderful experience with a Recruiter Phase I: Interview - I applied online for a senior data scientist role at a large healthcare company in Minneapolis. An internal recruiter directly set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I did well and they scheduled an onsite within 4-5 days. I eventually got the offer within a co
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- FB vs. Google (E4 & L4) Updated with offers: FB: 167 base, 360 RSU, 10% bonus, 75 signon Google (NOT a real given offer yet, but what I'm comparing against): 160 base, 420 RSU, 15% bonus, 75 signon (But I'm assuming FB will give refreshers year1, while Google won't & FB can get to E5 a year earlier than L5 at Google). --
- Offer Eval: Quora v.s. Square Tc from both companies are comparable: ~220 k, PhD + 2 yoe Quora: current valuation is 1.8B, there seems to be more upside potential? Square: company is doing great, stock is liquid.
- Facebook DS versus Quora DS I'm a senior at college and I have two job offers, one from quora and one from Facebook, both in data science. I interned at Facebook last summer in DS. I'm unsure which to take. I think the Facebook brand goes far but apparently Quora has a good reputation in the valley. Also I think I'd learn way
- Private companies offers, what do I need to know? Hi, I have been recently interviewing with many companies some of which are still private (airbnb, uber, quora, etc). I have been at FB for two years, joined as a fresh grad, got promoted to E4 in two halves and expected to be E5 soon if I keep the same track but I’m interviewing to see whats out th
- Tax deduction on RSU after internal transfer Took an internal transfer from Texas to California. RSUs vested 5 days after starting work in California. They deducted California state tax (~10%) from the total vested amount. I feel this is unfair. Has anyone had a similar issue before? Found this equation on Quora: Allocation ratio = Californi