- NASA JPL Might be a long shot since I’ve never seen anyone with the NASA company tag...but has anyone had experience working or interviewing for a position at the JPL? What was the work-life-balance like? What was the workflow process like? Could you get things done or was the coding process very procedural
- link Sorry NASA That's how its done https://twitter.com/i/status/1034360756576313344
- NASA JPL Opps Trying to break into aerospace from ad tech/infrastructure development - heard amazing things about NASA's JPL too. Any idea how to break into the space, or recruitment firms to talk to?
- NASA/Space X Engineers Shoutout! Any engineers working at NASA or Space X who transferred from Facebook or Google? Would love to know how the life is at there comparatively? Super fascinated with all the work down there :)
- Avg NASA Software Engineer makes $15? Where’s the riot? That’s a damn shame. Is any news outlet covering this yet??? WTF
- Work on space related software (NASA, ESA, SpaceX and others) Hi! Do you work with space related software? How did you get into this industry?
- vote Would NASA, Intel, or Snap intern position look better for an undergrad? 👍
- NASA moral dilemma I work at the NASA Jet propulsion Lab. JPL is technically on a NASA site but is owned by Caltech, so it gets some benefits to being sort of government but also sort of a contractor... Well, it turns out this works nicely for their business model. They receive 90% of public money for NASA HQ to miti
- vote Did NASA fake the moon landing? Title says it all. TC - $150K
- link Nasa: India's satellite destruction could endanger ISS Good job pissing off virtually every other nuclear state. 👍 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-47783137
- For software engineers, where does NASA fall in the spectrum of career advancing companies? Obviously it depends on job, YOE, and a range of other factors, but generally speaking, how good does NASA look on the resume for a software engineer? What company would be considered a step up and what company a step down?
- link What the failed All Female Spacewalk tells Us https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/27/opinion/nasa-female-spacewalk.html
- What is the hardest company to get into? Fang? NASA? McDonalds? You the people discuss.
- vote Thank you Bill Gates for reinventing the toilets You can now drink your own sh*t. NASA is putting it into space now. Amazing https://youtu.be/v5pW_Mqt6dU
- link Antarctic increasing by billions of tons a year Love to hear thoughts on this article I stumbled upon https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/nasa-report-antarctic-ice-sheet-is-actually-growing-by-billions-of-tons/
- What’s Boeing compensation like for new grads? Student at Berkeley , previously had internships at capital one and NASA. Wondering if Boeing is worth applying to (I have a referral if I want)
- Anyone have experience with KBRWyle? Have been approached by this contractor who is looking to fill an Agile Scrum Master role for a team at NASA. Does anyone have any experience with this company?
- What are the high paying tech jobs in Wash DC? I’m working at NASA outside of DC and considering looking for a higher paying job (I make 85K in the suburbs) while my wife goes to school. What are the companies to look for in DC? I did two internships at Google so I do have some industry experience.
- Designers, what is your end goal career wise? I was thinking the other day that doing design at NASA JPL would be one of my personal “top tier” goals, or another example might be running my own design firm. What is the level of achievement you want to reach in your career that would be your personal “best?”
- Blue Origin Anyone ever work for Blue Origin? Just wondering the requirements or the type of people that they are looking for. I work for the Department of Defense in Aerospace, working in quality program management for the F-35 and NASA. Just wondering if that would be enough to get looked at.
- Berkeley student looking for career feedback Graduating in spring with bachelors in data science. I’ve had a Software development internship at NASA, data science at quicken loans. Just got into leetcoding so don’t feel qualified for good swe positions bc almost all test on ds&a. Most DS jobs go to ppl with masters , and I think Data analyst
- What's cooler than big n or faang? I know money is much important but from what I know most of the people in faang don't work in cool stuff like numerical computation or solving math conjectures etc. Only a few of them get to work on cool machine learning or embedded systems stuff. Not to mention the leetcode stuff that everyone lik
- Cheap Student Housing near Mountain View So, I’m transferring from Pittsburgh to the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View for a research project. And holy smokes, the prices are $3.5K for 1BD. Considering 4-5 of us stay together and don’t mind the travel time of about an hour (one-side), what’s the best location for us to stay? 2BD
- Tech Leader Personality Trend I have read extensively about some of the GOATs in tech. SteveJ, BillG, MarkZ, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, etc and I see certain traits. SteveJ(Apple): Got introduces to tech stuff as a kid. At 13 yrs of age, he took up an internship at HP assembling frequency counters (who tf does that at 13) BillG(
- Dream role or dream company? I have three offers, 2 for Product Manager roles and 1 for Manager, Tech Support. let's say salary part is similar for all three(+-5K) but all three companies are totally different from one another. let's call them company A B C, each from different verticals (A-recruiting, B-data automation & C-aer
- 10 Things You Can Do To Really Be Part of The 1st Class...(#4 Give Up On Your Dreams) 10 Things You Can Do To Really Be Part of The 1st Class...(#4 Give Up On Your Dreams) If you're young still, still full of ambition and beliefs. Beliefs about how you are going to change the world or how you are going to make it better and you were born in or live in America - Give those up! It's n