- vote Amazon vs Verily... What would you pick? So while I humble brag a little, let me tell you about this (awesome) problem that I have. Edit: I have 7 YOE as a design verification (HW) engineer. I recently signed an offer with Amazon to be an SDE 1 and working on ads. They said I'd be doing stuff like working on mockups/MVPs of Android apps
- Already signed with google. Will I get blacklisted if I pull out? I'm sde2 at amazon but got an offer for L3 at google and I signed (higher comp than sde2 at amazon). I signed the offer letter (does that count as the contract? It's long and has all the conditions etc..). I then interviewed at facebook and got E5 with 1.5x the comp of google so I really want to go.
- How “refreshers” work at Amazon TL;DR: If you sign with Amazon, expect only paltry base raises and no new stock grants until the 5th year even if you get promoted. If you don’t, your TC will actually drop to the bottom of band so that’s a cliff in its own way. What you see in the offer letter is all you’re going to get. I constan
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Uber vs Amazon TC? I work in finance (SFA). Recently got an offer from Amazon L6 $151k TC. I have an interview coming up with Uber. How does the comp compare? I know the bay area is much more expensive, but how much higher would the Uber offer need to be to equal $151k in Seattle.
- Google comp is getting really bad What is happening with G comp. They are low balling so much based off two of my colleagues who went there recently. (I'm surprised they took the offer) My Amazon offer was much higher than theirs. (We have same levels of experience, but obviously interviews are a hit or miss) It seems F and N are
- A lesson in finance for the rsu clowns FNG has only had good stock for past 1-2y. It has crashed in 99, 09, 2015... Every ten years about, and stays low for the majority of the time. Say you got an Amazon job in 2014 when the stock was 380. By the time it vested you've lost a third of it's value. And if your base was 150 with 100k stock
- vote Considering move from AWS to Oracle, worth it? 2 yoe. Amazon Comp: 110000+20000+15% of 70 shares Oracle Comp: 170000 + 25% of 5000 shares. AWS has a shiny brand name, cloud business numba 1. Should I move because of TC boost?
- Amazon L7 PMT comp What is the top of the range for an L7 PM-T at Anazon. I got offer for 350 how much room is there to negotiate?
- vote Back to Amazon? Currently at Google. L4 TC 240K in MTV. Was 2 years at Amazon previously. Now 2 at G. Got Amazon SDE2 offer with 288K total comp in Seattle. I was adamant on the comp and recruiter made it happen after talking to hm/director (I don't know). I think it's a very strong offer, almost SDE3 comp. Equal
- Coding boot camps Has anyone been to one of the coding boot camps and been hired into a faang company? If so, what level? My friends daughter is looking for a career change and just started a boot camp. My background is comp sic and they seem like a fine starting point but they don’t appear to be very good at anythi
- Amazon L7 offer Got an Amazon L7 offer. Still waiting for the numbers. What should I expect? Please share your L7 offer/current comp. TC: 380K/17YoE
- E7 at Facebook, looking for alternatives I’m fed up with Facebook. I’ve done enough time at Google that I don’t want to return. Apple is not an option. Amazon sounds like hell. I’ll give Netflix a try. Is there anywhere else I should look? Current total comp is 700k, would prefer not to go down when changing jobs. Am a swe doing mobile dev
- User Researcher compensation? Current PM at Amazon. Saw a role that seems with title of user researcher but responsibilities seem similar to PM. Anyone know if this is generally a high comp role within FAANG? If I have 7 YOE as PM (2 at amzn), what should I expect? Not much info on Levels or Glassdoor.
- Google downlevel offer Thanks to the googlers for their advice so far. TC 190, almost 6 yoe. Recruiter said an L4 offer would not happen, but they would extend an L3 offer. Said they'd likely match current salary. But if I take this, I'll be gathering other offers first. Problem is, I am getting amazing experience at A
- FB E5 , Amazon L6 , Google L4 I got above offers. Current Exp: 13 years FB offer: 190, 500k, 15%, 100k joining bonus. Amazon: 185, (360 over two years) , 500k rsu (5,15,40,40) Google is ready to match FB/amazon These are without any negotiation. I am leaning towards joining Google if they match comp. Am I crazy? EDIT: . I have
- Amazon SDE2 vs LinkedIn Senior SDE I have 2 offers on hand. Amazon is offering around 215,000$ annual comp for Seattle location. Apparently LinkedIn is offering the same for San Francisco location. I am confused with what should I chose. Amazon obviously makes sense money wise but I really feel work environment at LinkedIn would be
- Pros/cons of working at Amazon AWS, Uber, Stripe I'd like to compare the three since I have the opportunity to work at each. Just 3yoe, no brand names on my resume so far. SDE for Amazon. SRE at Uber Amsterdam (Payments, I think) SWE @ Stripe 3 companies at 3 different stages. Assume base comp is identical. What should I prioritize, and how can
- Seattle PM Comp Tiers I gave it a shot. Thoughts on list below? What am I missing? Not getting specific comp levels for each, but thought this would be useful as a general guide. Tier 1 (A) Google Facebook Tier 1 (B) Amazon Microsoft (lvl 64+) Apple Uber Airbnb Oracle Lyft Salesforce eBay Hulu Twitter Dropbox Tableau
- Should I consider a position 1-2 levels down at AWS? I’m waiting on next steps for a non-tech position at AWS. It’s posted as an L6, I believe which I think translates to a Senior Manager. I am currently a Senior Director (band J) at Thomson Reuters with a verbal commitment to be promoted to a VP (band K) within the year. I manage a small team but all
- Few folks treating Blind as Tinder Recently I got an offer from Amazon; I posted the offer details on Blind seeking inputs from the huge community here. A day later, I received a message (screenshot attached) from an Amazon dude asking me for my picture. How to deal with such "adults" who still can't differentiate between Tinder and
- Google L4 lowball or normal? Interviews went really well. Team sounds very exciting. YoE: 2.5 Google Mountain View L4 offer: Base: 153k Bonus: 15% = 23k Stocks: 210k (250k after negotiation) Sign-on: 50k TC (including sign-on / 4): 240k (250k after negotiation) Have an Amazon Seattle offer with TC: 230k (Don't really like t
- Amazon or Microsoft My friend currently works in Microsoft India. His wife is moving to US, and he has got offer from Microsoft Redmond as well as Amazon US. There is a difference in comp. Amazon is paying much higher. But to work for Amazon he would have to get work authorizarion first which might take 3-6 months of
and industry lounge.
- Stay in Seattle and make $1M by 30 or move to NYC and potentially find dream girl? Hey guys, I have an existential problem here: should I stay at Amazon in Seattle and have my net worth increase to $1M by age 30 (I'm 28 now), or should I move to NYC where I feel there are more girls that are my type? I've lived in Seattle for 1+ years and have dated a few girls, but none up to my
- How does the work culture and compensation compare at FB/Google/Uber/Lyft. Inputs specific to Seattle area appreciated even more. Considering the options available at Seattle these 4 seem like the top 4 contenders. Min requirement = better comp than an equivalent Amazon role. TC: 220, YOE: 9
- Alibaba cloud is still hiring in Bellevue We are going to hire strong SDEs for the foreseeable future. Anyone interested or knows anyone that might be interested please PM me. We can definitely beat msft /Amazon in terms of total comp. We have also hired several from Google and Facebook. Btw, we support H1b transfer and sponsor Green card.
- Amazon doesn't pay FAANG money? According to levels.fyi, Amazon pays significantly less than the rest of FAANG. Is that true? What's the comp for Senior Eng (L6)?
- Evaluating Amazon offer Negotiating an L6 SDE offer. Current L65 TC close to 270k. YoE: 10 Recruiter offered 160k base. 145+105 signon. 250 RSU. He insists this is a 330k TC Offer. They take shares at 30 day average which is 1630. When I pointed out that his math only holds good for the first year, I was told Amaz
- Cancel onsite today since I likely won't accept the offer I've been through a lot of onsites recently, and last night I sent a cancellation email for an on-site today. It would be nearby me, so no hotel or flights or anything. I talked comp range beforehand, and they gave me a top band but amazon came back with an offer that's way higher than their top ban
- Google L4 Lowballed I received the following L4 SWE offer for Seattle (4 YOE): Base: 138K Stock: 220K Signing: 40K TC: 223K which is in the bottom 10% based on the data from the “ultimate google comp” post. I made the mistake of telling them the lowball offer I received from Amazon (150K base, 60K/50K signing, 170K st
- Amazon l6 comp Just got an offer from amz for SR tech pm( l6) 152k base; 94 rsu ; 73 yr1 bonus; 57 yr2 bonus Is it a good offer?
- Amazon Salaries I’m tired of Amazon treating me unfairly. My comp is less than that of New Hires’. What is your total comp at Amazon? Please include position and YOE TC: 195k YOE: 8
- Google finance analyst tc and level? Does anyone know the total comp band of a finance analyst at Google and what level it is? Trying to have a range in mind if the recruiter asks. Current tc: $120k Amazon offer: $151k
- Non-tech FAANG roles Hey all, Anyone in this board employed in a FAANG post-MBA Strategy role with 2+ years of post-MBA experience. If so, would you be comfortable sharing; 1. the comp packages you received 2. The work/life balance 3. Whether you like the role Companies: Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix,Google Role
- Zillow offer evaluation I have an offer from Zillow in Seattle for a non SWE, Operations role for a Manager's position (P4). Offer is: Base: $150k RSU: $180k over 4 years Sign on: $35k year 1, $30k year 2 s/o Other: no target bonus, refreshers and base hike based on performance. Interview went off well and offer was ma
- Cloudflare compensation Asking for friend.. My friend is receiving an offer from cloudflare in Austin for Software Engineer position and going to talk with recruiter very soon about compensation. Have one more offer from Amazon, Seattle whose total comp is around 195K. There is very less information all over blind on how
- Samsung Bellevue Product offer Received an offer for Senior Product at Samsung Bellevue - no comp details yet but sounds like they can exceed my current Amazon L6 Product comp. I've read lots of negative reviews of Samsung on Blind and Glassdoor - is this still the case, especially in Bellevue and/or Product roles? Also, recrui
- Is this the right decision? I am a SDE 2 at amazon and my total comp is ~175K. I love the work and opportunities that I get here and most importantly the flexibility of changing teams. I have an offer from Salesforce of 240k tc. I am inclined towards rejecting the offer and staying at Amazon with a believe that I will get t
- Why do smaller companies do this? Put me through an interview process for a senior executive role, tell me how excited they are to extend me an offer, then balk at comp numbers. Note that I told them *before* I interviewed that I am a top tier L7 at Amazon in a key role, with comp "well into the L8 band" to make sure they understood
- Would an MBA help Moving from Product Marketing to Product Management ? Hey, I’ve been interested in moving towards product management, primarily at a tech company. I have 6 yoe in product marketing (Microsoft + qualtrics) working closely with PM including being de facto PM on some launches. In reality, there are many PM roles where you don’t need to be very technical
- Compensation Tiers of Companies for Tech Jobs By popular demand, I'm reposting one of my replies on another thread. This tiering is based on both trajectory and overall scale of total comp (base+bonus+stock) for IC positions. Edit: subsidiaries with the same pay go under the parent (e.g. Twitch and Amazon) Based off of all the comp data points
- Amazon L8 comp Any recent data on l8/Director/GM offers. What is the max I can push? Microsoft L69
and industry lounge.
- Amazon low comp? I am talking with Amazon about SDM position. It seems according to the posts here that 160k salary and 350k TC are considered good for this position. I am quite surprised. In Facebook M1/E6 (maps to SDM per levels.fyi) gets 210k salary, 700k TC. Is all Amazon comp so bad or just management?
- Level matching between Facebook/Google and AWS, MS Given that level and comp for levels roughly match for FB & G, I wonder what people think about matching the right level and comp (I'm E5) if I want to try getting a job at Amazon/AWS and MS. At least in the case for Amazon, according to levels.fyi, there's a "hole" there between L6 and L7.
- Interviewed for L6 at Amazon and was offered L5 This seems fairly common but I’m feeling frustrated so thought I would ask for some advice. I interviewed for a Senior Marketing Management position (L6) within the advertising department at Amazon. I was offered the position but they want to bring me in at an L5 instead of L6. The recruiter fed me
- vote Apple vs Facebook vs Amazon for SWE in 2019? Given offers and same TC, which company you would work for in 2019 after their stocks crash. I care about wlb, comp and teams in that order. Not so much about promotion and competition. Facebook: Infra team (heard horrible thing about wlb but learning scope looks good) Apple: Apple Media Products
- Amazon Offers I know that frugality is one of amazon’s principles. How good are their offers, though? Got an offer from them which was a clear lowball. Asking them to beat my current compensation seems like a task. Do I expect them to beat my current comp? L4 offer at Amazon, MTS at Salesforce. TC: 180k Amazon’
- link Way better than levelsDOTfyi or glassdoor https://reffo.us/ Someone posted this on blind recently and I thought I'd promote it. My problem with levels is that it feels way inflated due to stock skyrocketing. For example, an SDE II at Amazon who joined when the stock was 800 might say their TC is 300k (mid-SDE III level comp) when in realit
- Comp at Amazon / Walmart Hi, I recently received offers from Amazon and Walmart (see below). Amazon (Vendor Manager) - Seattle Base: 95 / Cash bonus: 30 / Yearly stock: 30 / Signing: 40 Walmart (Senior Manager in Merchandising) - Bentonville Base: 125 / Bonus: 30 / Yearly stock: 20 / Signing: 15 Do you think these offer
- Lowball promotion I currently work at Amazon. I had an off-cycle promotion last year, SDE L5 to L6. I got a base increase of 10% and no additional shares. Last year as an SDE2 I was earning around 250k total comp, this year after my promotion I will earn around 225k due to the drop in stock price, and the fact that I
- Amazon recruitment Hi All I got verbal offer for amazon in Bay Area for SDE 3. The offer was that amazon wants to hire me for SDE3 but with no comp details. It was verbally communicated to me. The recruiter talked about my expectation and present compensation and said that she will revert back. The number I proposed w