- link Oh boy, popcorn time. Looks like Satya and Comrade Smith finally got caught. https://apple.news/Aav6mLVL1QAGG4dlio69u7Q “Facebook allowed Microsoft’s Bing search engine to see the names of virtually all Facebook users’ friends without consent, the records show, and gave Netflix and Spotify the ability to read Facebook users’ private messages. The social network permitted A
- vote Workday vs Oath offer Got these 2 offers last week. YOE: 3yrs Oath: Position: Software Dev Engineer 1 Team: Yahoo Mail: Big data/ User record sync Location: Sunnyvale, CA Base: 135k Joining bonus: 10k Year end Bonus: 10% Relocation: up to 20k (only as needed unlike the other offer) Equity: 60k for 3 years with 1/3 veste
- Does anyone believe ad products actually work? Here’s my take on digital advertising after 10+ years in the industry and having worked at Google, Snap, and in the agency world. I’ve personally spent hundreds of millions of dollars throughout my career. ———————————————————— -Attribution is still absolute dog crap. No one knows how to properly
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link SIPC says Robinhood's 3% checking account not insured by them Robinhood’s launch of checking accounts with 3% interest is a disaster “Every Robinhood account is SIPC insured up to $250,000 in cash.” To put this in perspective, Betterment’s cash-like option (the account consists of Treasuries) pays 2.09% and does not claim to be insured by the Federal Deposit
- Apple Search Engine Will Apple ever make their own search engine? A lot of searches come from iPhone so it would be a massive business for them I would think. I’m kind of surprised they didn’t buy yahoo when it was for sale and fix it up. I know google is king at search engine but I feel like Apple has that big ecosyst
- facebook / google ads question I searched for something on google. Then went to facebook and there was an ad for it on my newsfeed. I know its not a coincidence so it seems either google sells user data to facebook or facebook gets this data through cookies or somewhere else but all i did was a google search so i dont see how it