- vote Most innovation: Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google, Microsoft? Which of the big tech is the best if I want to work on new innovation as an engineer?
- Is the lack of strong PM culture at Facebook and Google the driver of almost no innovation relative to Amazon? Google and Facebook are heavily engineering led with PM having minimal impact. Amazon has a much stronger product manager & customer culture.
- Crypto Bubble is strangling Innovation https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/07/the-cryptocurrency-bubble-is-strangling-innovation/?ncid=rss&utm_source=tcfbpage&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29&sr_share=facebook
- which new companies can reach the scale of Google/Microsoft/Apple/Amazon/Facebook in today's day and age? looking at how snap is crushed by Facebook and Google being sued in EU, Amazon buying whole foods tanking all retailers, it looks like tech giants will never allow any kind of competition to grow. how will we see the innovation beyond these walled garden
- Seattle PM Comp Tiers I gave it a shot. Thoughts on list below? What am I missing? Not getting specific comp levels for each, but thought this would be useful as a general guide. Tier 1 (A) Google Facebook Tier 1 (B) Amazon Microsoft (lvl 64+) Apple Uber Airbnb Oracle Lyft Salesforce eBay Hulu Twitter Dropbox Tableau
- What makes Netflix a FANG? Seriously though. What is it that makes Netflix be considered a FANG? Is it the pay? The working culture? The innovation (really?)? Free food/perks? I barely see posts talking about interviews and salaries for netflix. When i look at google, amazon, and facebook (and even microsoft and apple) I se
- link Facebook killing React - sad decision https://medium.com/@raulk/if-youre-a-startup-you-should-not-use-react-reflecting-on-the-bsd-patents-license-b049d4a67dd2 Once upon a time SCO Linux was awesome, the company was great and embraced by community. Then Darl McBride decided suing people is easier than innovation. It did not work, they
- Which company is better for product: Facebook or Google? 🤔 Assuming all else is equal, i.e. good manager, like your team, interesting product etc. Facebook positive differentiators: -astronomical DAU/MAU, so much reach -move quickly and launch fast, lots of opportunities to ship product -fun hacker culture, strong experimentation frameworks -strong vision
- Facebook is not evil I don’t understand why people complain about Facebook, Google etc... being evil. Our laws are outdated and incomplete. Putting pressure on companies to wilfully do the right thing is fucking stupid and not sustainable. Pressure should be put on governments so that the laws keep up with technology a
- Search Team @ Google long time search googler who feels need to blow whistle. not using work email for obvious reasons. the search team at google needs a full reboot. we’ve made no progress in the past 6 years ive been here and the culture is toxic. leadership care most about protecting their million dollar salaries an
- Challenging problems to solve... when asked about the job First of all, I am not judging or criticizing at all. I am just trying to understand the reason why this is the most important criteria for many people. I can understand when people say they like the job because of good WLB, compensation, meaningful (ie make world better) or fun work or work enviro