- How do people in seattle afford housing? Even being at faang with a tc of 230k i am not sure how in the future i can afford a 4br house near work or in redmond/bellevue area. I wonder how do non faang engineers who earn lesser or just regular people afford housing in seattle area? Currently i cant find anything decent below 1 mil in redmon
- Microsoft SWE 61 level initial Offer 140k base, 25k sign on, 30k stock over four years, 20% of base salary for yearly bonus. It’s based in Redmond. I feel like sign on and stock is low. How much should I counter it? Also I live in NYC so I’ll have to relocate, which’ll be a big move for me. Thanks in advance! Updated: bumped to 62 le
- Redmond girl friend possibilities. How difficult or how easy it is to get a gf in Redmond. If not GF, how about hookups? Dont say depends on how you look. Assume for an average looking guy working at Microsoft. Moving from New York, so need above info.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Best cities to buy a house (Washington state) I work in Microsoft( Redmond, WA) and i am looking for a home right now since the mortgage rates went down. I prefer good school district and has better chances for renting them in this future when i move out And commute.. Budget: 800 - 900 k TC : 240k Thanks in advance.
- Apple Technical Product Manager - Data Science Got a mail from recruiter just now saying Apple wants to extend an offer and he would like to get on a call to discuss my compensation expectations. What’s the ideal TC I could ask for? Please advice. Current offers: Amazon L5 SDE2 265k TC - Palo Alto Microsoft Azure Data & Intelligence- 180k - Re
- Microsoft offer offer from Microsoft azure storage Position : sde 1 Base: 115k Joining : 15k Equity: 30k Location : Redmond Does this sound reasonable? YOE: 2.5
- Microsoft Offer Eval. Just received a verbal offer from MS: L61 Base 130k Bonus upto 20% Sign On 20k Sign on Stock 30k Location: Redmond Current(startup): Base 135k Bonus 10k Going to receive a salary hike soon. StartUp Stock options YOE 3.5 I am not sure about the sign on stocks. What does that mean ? I was expec
- What’s the TC decrease for FB Bay Area to Seattle? Joined fb five months ago, want to move to Redmond office b/c of family reason, how much decrease for my tc?
- vote Evaluate Offer Salesforce SFO LMTS 202/15% bonus/ 160k(4 yrs) 20k signon Microsoft Redmond L63 175/0 - 30%/ bonus/200k (4yrs) 50k signon Yoe :13 I guess I m lowlevelled esp at MSFT ? Which one would you suggest Thanks
- Skinny fat Indian guy looking for fitness tips I’m 6’2 and weigh 190ish. 26. I have never lift weights ever. My question for y’all is: Given my genetics, how long would it get to build a nice muscular body? What program shall I follow? Since I am a vegetarian, how so I increase my protein intake? I live in Redmond in case that’s important.
- Microsoft SDE II (L61) offer YOE: 2 137k base 100k stocks(over 4 years) 13.5k relocation 40k bonus Location: Redmond Is it a good offer?
- I Belong at Amazon I have a strong desire to be an Amazonian, but have found it exceptionally hard to get a simple phone interview. A few years ago, I joined Microsoft immediately after graduation and was ecstatic. At that time, I didn’t get any bites from Amazon. Not taking the opportunity right in front of me for g
- Moving to Seattle from NYC Thinking of moving to Seattle/Redmond. Tired of the over crowded city and the 1 hour one-way commute. I am good at building backend micro services and want to continue building good distributed systems. Also looking for decent WLB. TC: 240K 4 YOE. Planning to do 5 interviews in a row. In talks wit
- Condos Are condos easier to sell or independent houses? If we add townhouses to the mix, what is the order of selling ease, condos, townhouses,houses? If area matters then let's say Redmond or Bellevue, or the bay area
- Microsoft Azure offer I got an SDE offer with Microsoft Azure Compute team in Redmond. HR said it to be L60. I have a Master's degree in CS and 2 yrs experience working in Bay area since. Base 110k Stocks 20k (spread across 4 years) Sign on bonus 10k Annual stocks 6k (performance based) Annual bonus 20% (performance
- Home at Sammamish, WA Thinking about buying a new house. Liked one in 1.4 to 1.5M range. We both work in the Seattle area (Seattle, Redmond). Combined base salary is ~250k. Combined estimated total compensation is between 360k to 400k. No kids yet, but in two years will have kids. Net worth: 425k (including 401k, HSA
- vote Insights on Alexa Shopping team vs Microsoft Azure please? Got an offer from Alexa Shopping. Please provide any insights. Team sits in Palo Alto. Currently on F1 OPT Visa and have two more H-1B tries. YoE: 2 Current TC: 160k Amazon Alexa Shopping L5 SDE2 TC: 250k Location: Palo Alto Microsoft Azure Data and Intelligence L60 TC: 200k first year, 160k th
- Microsoft vs wayfair vs aws Hi, Recently I got an offer from Microsoft, wayfair. I have a pending result with aws. I have a deadline with Microsoft to accept the offer by end of the week. Need some suggestions for my next steps, whether to wait for result of amazon or decide between Microsoft and wayfair. YOE:2.8 years as SD
- Microsoft L64 offer Hello, - Can people please evaluate this offer for 64 SDE (redmond). Base:185, Annual Stock: 50K, Sign-on: 50K (plus annual bonus and refreshers) - Have 10 yoe plus MS plus tech-lead for a long time. Already a principal eng in my current organization.Not able to negotiate for level 65. Is
- Hulu on-site interview What’s the preparation required for Hulu onsite Interview? What kind of questions can I expect? How many rounds are there usually? Do they provide competing offers? This is for Software Developer Engineer Role. Current TC: 160k YoE: 2.5 Current offers: MS - 180k TC (Redmond) Amazon -260k TC (Palo
- Microsoft browser vs unicorn startup I got an offer from Microsoft Wsd - browser team .. the offer is 25 % higher than my current total compensation at the startup. Work wise - I am currently working on the latest tech like data platforms at startup. Startup is in San Francisco while MS in Redmond . I am seeing bad reviews for wsd.
and industry lounge.
- Why don't homeless go to Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland? There are too many homeless people in Seattle but not enough in the Eastside. People claim that spike of homelessness is due to rising home prices. But the housing price has gone up more in the east side, why don't I see any homeless in downtown Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond? Why don't homeless people j
- Considering moving to Seattle from Bay Area Hi all, We are a recently married couple with no kids and have been in the Bay for about 3 years now. Things have lately been getting frustrating when it comes to traffic, housing, cost of living, noise, commutes, absence of a strong public transport system etc. We are thinking to get the fuck out o
- How far you would go for love! How much sacrifice you can do for your spouse/love? I’m currently in a situation where I have to move to a different city because of my spouse work(Boston). I think it will take a career hit for me because if I stick to Microsoft there ain’t many teams in Boston & I don’t see enough tech companies.
- How to find a room mate in Redmond, WA? Hi, I am relocating to Redmond from India on mid of July. I am a vegetarian and I would like to cook at home. I need to search for vegetarian (male) room mate for a 2 bedroom house. How/where to search for 2Bedroom house in Redmond? How/where to find a male vegetarian room mate? Is there any Fa
- Microsoft offer I am working in VMware in Bay area. I have 15 years of experience and working as a staff engineer. Recently I cleared Microsoft interview in Redmond. What base salary and TC I can expect?
- vote Annual target % at MS What is the annual range bonus % of salary at Microsoft Redmond for L63? I saw at blind that some people say %30. Has L63 and L64 have same %? EDIT: Changed “target” to range in the pool question.
- Buying a home in seattle with two friends Two close friends and I are going to start working at microsoft in seattle next month. We are planning to buy a home or apartment around redmond or seattle in a year as an investment and for us to stop paying rent. Our idea is that between the three, we can finish paying a decent place within 3 year
- Microsoft 60 offer redmond TC: base 120k Stock 50k over 4 years Cash: 25k Relocation: 13.5k What do you guys think? I’ve been in the industry for almost a year
- vote Amazon vs Microsoft in terms of H-1B visa People of blind, I would need your advice in choosing an offer. I have received an offer from Amazon and Microsoft. Amazon Alexa Shopping (Bay Area) TC: 260k L5 SDE2 Microsoft Azure Data and Intelligence (Redmond) TC: 200k first year, 160k the following years L60 I am currently on F1 OPT and I h
- Masters New grad offer for Microsoft Redmond, WA Hi, I am posting for a friend. He cleared Microsoft interviews about 3 weeks back for one of the Azure teams. Location is Redmond, WA. He will join in 2019 as a new grad. Following are the numbers given to him: Base: $108k Stock: $115k over 3.5 yrs Joining+relocation: $20k Previous to grad school, h
- Good tech companies besides F.A.G.M in east side Seattle? Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond and etc... F.A.G.M. - Facebook, Amazon, Google, Microsoft
- Microsoft SDE2 offer negotiation Unofficial offer in Redmond level: 61 base: 128.5k stock: 80k over 4 years sign on: 15k YOE: 4+ years (2.5 in the U.S.) and Masters Looks base and stock are low but I only have this offer. Can I ask for higher numbers? I'm thinking 130k base and 25k stock per year. Is the level okay based on my ex
- Microsoft offer Got the below offer for Software Engineer 2 position in Microsoft, Redmond. Any room to negotiate? I don’t have any other offers. Base: 141k Sign-on:40k RSU:75k/4 years YOE: 4 years
- Microsoft Internal transfer stock refresh Community, during internal transfer I know base salary is reevaluated. Can we expect stock refresh/new hire stocks also on internal transfer. Example : From what I know on hire stocks are way more in Redmond than in India for same level. So when one transfers from India to Redmond, can they expect
- Microsoft offer evaluation Got an offer from Microsoft Redmond Level SDE2 62 Base 145K Stocks 120K over 4 years Signon 15K Bonus - offers says 0 to 20 percent Current TC in Bay Area - Base 126K, stocks 28K per year. Will be promoted to MTS3 in july so might will see some increase in compensation. Don't have a competing offe
- Is this a good offer for MSFT L65 Engg Mgr? 190K base/100K sign on/300K stocks. This is in Redmond WA.
- Companies in Seattle that pay like FNG? SDE, 4 yoe all in Amazon, current TC 280k (stock appreciation, otherwise Amazon pay sucks). Looking for companies that pay at least 300k, in the Seattle area (Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland). FB doesn't hire less than senior (need at least 6 yoe) in the area. Already have an onsite with G. Loo
- Microsoft Compensation Hello, I interviewed with Microsoft (Redmond , WA) for a position and waiting for the offer from recruiter .What should I expect/ask for compensation . 9 YOE as Senior Engineer .Thank you for help in advance
- vote Redmond vs Toronto I have 2 offers : Microsoft Azure, Redmond, USA SDE 2, L62, 140k USD base pay, 80k USD stocks/ 5 years (internal transfer from India) Okta, Toronto, Canada Staff Software Engineer, 145k CAD base pay, 225k USD stocks/ 4 years Where can I have more career growth potential? Pros/Cons of living
and industry lounge.
- Job for My Wife We move from India to Redmond and wife received her work authorization now. She is graduated as Bachalor of Arts (general)and never did any job in India. Please suggest where she can do part time or work from home job. Thanks.
- link Msft SDE offer I recently got an offer from Msft - Redmond, WA for SDE role. The numbers are as below: 120k base / 15k sign on/ 25k stocks over 4 yrs. Standard relo - 13k I felt really demotivated by the first offer. Felt like they really lowballed and I will have to work hard on negotiation. M currently SE-G8
- Microsoft L60 salary, Azure compute Redmond Final offer from HR: Base : 125k stock: 75k (4 years) sign-on: 30k (2 years) performance bonus: upto 20% performance stock: 9k years of experience: 2 yrs
- Microsoft compensation for senior program manager (63 level) Hi I recently got an offer from Microsoft (redmond) for senior program manager (level 63) just wanted to evaluate: Base: 160k Sign on:40k Relocation: 13.5k (this is after tax, net net as per the recruiter) Stocks: 75k for 4 years Annual stock bonus: 24k to 48k (24k is the average) Annual cash bonus
- Microsoft L61 offer Initial L61 offer in Redmond - azure 135k base, 30k signon n 60k stock. I have 2 yoe back home + masters from Texas + 4 yoe in visa Austin. The interview went really well and I was hoping for l62 but they just offered 61. I currently make 125 @visa Austin n I believe that roughly translates to 135-
- vote Which city is worst for straight male dating - Seattle or SF? This question targets each city only, and not its larger metro area. The reason is that tech suburbs are not statistically representative of the nearby hub city, from a demographic standpoint. Living in Redmond as a single guy in his 20's is not a statistically valid sample of Seattle dating life,
- Microsoft L62 stock refresher I am joining Microsoft at L62, I was wondering what is the stock refresher on an average performance and also when you have exceeded expectations? Would be helpful to figure out what TC I am looking at in future. TC - 195-200ish. YOE - 2.7 Location - Redmond
- Amazon or Microsoft My friend currently works in Microsoft India. His wife is moving to US, and he has got offer from Microsoft Redmond as well as Amazon US. There is a difference in comp. Amazon is paying much higher. But to work for Amazon he would have to get work authorizarion first which might take 3-6 months of
- MS Hiring Event and Feedback loop I interviewed at MS earlier this month, as part of a Hiring Event (Redmond, WA). 4 rounds of interview. All went well. I spoke to the recruiter to get some feedback. I was told that they are considering me for a UI team, and working on setting up another screening, focusing on UI; I'll hear back so