- Uber NYC, engineering leadership What are the engineering leadership options like at Uber NYC? Have been running distributed engineer SWE teams for 7+ years (SWE before that).
- Uber hires another senior exec fired from Google for harassment I learnt Uber hired another guy from Google in senior leadership position who was fired from Google for sexual harassment issue.
- Facebook culture / principles Is there a blog, deck, or article that outlines Facebook culture? Netflix, Uber, and Amazon publish detailed info about leadership and culture, but haven’t seen much from FB.
- Uber Freight? Anyone have any insights on Uber Freight? Particularly senior leadership. Work culture, traction, how independent it truly is, how it fares vs funded competitors etc.
- link Winds of change at Uber https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/28/uber-were-moving-away-from-antagonistic-relationship-with-cities-430098 New leadership, a tack away from prior culture... How is it playing out from your little portal within Uber?
- Uber referral for experienced candidate Would anyone at Uber be willing to submit a referral? Strong candidate, 15+ years of automotive industry experience and 10+ years of director/VP-level leadership.
- What are the best <300 person startups in the Bay Area? Looking to make a switch after 4+ years at Uber. Who is doing cool stuff, has good leadership, growth and folks feel like the company has a bright future?
- Has Uber culture improved? I am interviewing for an engineering manager position at Uber and I am interested to know if the culture has improved/changed. Maybe some light on current leadership (including HR) esp for Engg teams.
- Has Uber changed? Looks like there was more drama amongst senior leadership on HR and diversity recently. Is Uber a different company, or does it just merely have a different veneer? Interested in the work there but hesitant still.
- Uber Bangalore/Hyderabad Which is the better team & work? How is the leadership? Did not hear any good news about hyd office until now. Couple of Google friends joined Uber hyd and left within 3 months because of the uninspiring managers. But they may be comparing against Google. Does anyone have view of Uber Bangalore v
- How is Uber Hyderabad office work culture? What kind of projects people work there? How is the Uber Hyderabad culture? How stressful is the work environment? Any thought about the leadership? Can people change teams between different locations? I.e. Between Hyderabad and Bangalore teams?
- Hows is Flipkart culture and salary these days? My friend who works as a PM in uber SF is getting a leadership role in Flipkart. She has been thinking of relocating back to India. What is the culture looks like these days after the churn last year? Hows the salary as group PM and director PM?
- Working at Oculus, timing better now? What have people heard about Oculus recently? Esp around leadership and how their focusing priorities for 2018 and beyond? I’ve heard from a few people around Oculus culture that didn’t seem super positive but rumors might just be rumors. Uber ATG’s VP of engineering (Jon T) just left Oculus which
- Going out to interview, what level should I expect? 4.5 years experience in LinkedIn, Staff Eng with leadership experience of several decent size projects, and had always been the top performer in the team. Current TC is around 350k/yr. This is my first job out of college so 4.5 yrs in industry. What level and TC can I expect if I go out to interview
- Leadership vs apprenticeship Joining a new company as an IC software engineer at relatively senior level (Amazon L7, FB E6, Google T6, Microsoft 67, OCI IC5, etc) and given two options: 1. Technical leadership in an established org, possibly leading multiple teams (sometimes called Uber TL) 2. Apprenticeship/membership, i.e.
- Non-Tech Referral I'm looking to leave Amazon after four years and move to the bay area. Looking for non-tech referrals in Program Management at Google, EA, ServiceNow, AirBNB, and StitchFix. I already applied to roles at Uber and Apple before finding this site, otherwise I'd be asking for those as well. Currently mo
- Companies with forced stack ranking. At capital one, the leadership decides beforehand the distribution for performance buckets. For example last year, they decided at least 12% would get Inconsistent rating and placed on PIP. The calibration process consists of the managers all getting together and bickering about which employee need
- Lyft Level 5 vs Uber for PM role Hey, I am currently a PM at FB. I have decided to move on and currently have multiple offers, notable ones are from Uber, Lyft, Cruise and Compass. I really wanted to get into RE Tech but Compass is cheap ass with their offers and equity they offered was 1/10 of my offers from Uber / Lyft. Cruise i
- LinkedIn vs Uber mid-level roles Received an offer, need to decide wrt comp but also impact, work-life balance, leadership, compelling work etc. Both offices in San Francisco. Would appreciate any advice. EOY- 4 yrs+ (not core-product) LI (mid-level) Total comp- 205.5K Base 135K Perf cash bonus 10% RSU 250K (4 year vesting period
- Interview Questions Amazon has Leadership Principles (LP), and internally, there is a recommended list of questions for each LP. I would speculate that 90% of questions are asked from those lists. It's pretty easy to get that list from your contacts at Amazon. I am looking for something similar for a role of Manager o
- Why bother buying Lyft stock? There’s a conversation across Blind and the internet about the Lyft IPO and whether it’s worthwhile to invest in their stock. The obvious risk is that this is a company that is losing a ton of money, is not the category leader and may never be in profitable. It is not inherently clear that Lyft’s bu
- AMA - How I got multiple offers from FAANG and Tier 1 companies I see a lot of folks asking about interview preparation and topics to study for the SWE roles at FAANG. Here's a list of topics that I studied and managed to get offers from Facebook, Apple, Lyft, Linkedin, and Amazon. If you study these topics and once you develop a knack of identifying patterns an
- Choosing between offers Currently at a noname consultancy; married with kids - ~$210k TC all cash in Seattle area Offers: 1) another relatively no name consulting company $220k max potential with lower guaranteed money, effectively a demotion needing to prove my worth in leadership. 2) work for staffing firm as contracto
- A guide to preparing for the system design/architecture interview Recently someone asked if it was worth brushing up on Lamport timestamps or how to implement leader elections for an architecture interview. Short answer: no. Long answer: As you become a more senior software engineer, your interviews will concentrate less on the coding questions (though that’s sti
- Genuine Advice, no trolls please... YOE - 15 as Java, includes 8 as Android. TL;DR - Not a story or experience, seeking genuine advice and take-aways. Hitting a mid-life career-crisis. Just begun LCing, have to jump onto CTCI soon. What I have seen thus far on LC, and some previous interviews with the Big-Brand Tech (FAAANGMU), some