- Tier rankings for the tech companies If you have problems with discussing tiers, then GTFO of this post. These rankings are based off the data points from other tier blind posts, If you think these rankings are off, then please comment with your own rankings. Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on r
- Boss retaliation My boss is retaliating against me for standing up for myself after she called me a name. Now she doesn’t talk to me, doesn’t give me work, she took me out of team meetings because I am a “bad apple” and she refused to give me my annual performance review.
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Calling all current and former Apple employees... What is your Apple horror story? Mine: Being yelled at (by the principal engineer) for doing too much work bc it was better than the principal engineer’s work. Oh yeah, and a boss who thought you could run advanced DL models, and video processing pipelines, locally, on a standard mac book. 😐
- What company is generous with GreenCard sponsorship? It seems Apple is not easy with gc sponsorship. Asked my boss but seems hopeless. Where to go for green cards sponsorship? In case you ask: Tc or gtfo: 230k (it’s got lower with bad stock performance)
- Travel Expense Policies & Scrutiny? I'm mainly looking to see how culture is regarding travel, expense policies, etc. Let me know how it is at your company! My story: I joined Apple knowing I'd travel a lot, but I did not expect the ridiculous hoops I had to jump through for expense reports. I'm far from a guy who abuses expense poli
- Competing with a coworker for promotion.. I am not impacted my friend is... My friend has been with say apple for 9 years now and she and her boss are in good terms.. a new team member joins and she doesn’t know much so my friend trains her and as well as others as a part of her job.. My friends boss relies heavily on my her for lot of de
- 10 Things You Can Do To Really Be Part of The 1st Class...(#4 Give Up On Your Dreams) 10 Things You Can Do To Really Be Part of The 1st Class...(#4 Give Up On Your Dreams) If you're young still, still full of ambition and beliefs. Beliefs about how you are going to change the world or how you are going to make it better and you were born in or live in America - Give those up! It's n
- The best way to ask for starting greencard process? And when? My friend is starting Apple soon. Should she ask her boss or HR for starting the GC process? Should she wait for a few months or just ask in the first week? Thanks Apple friends!
- (Apple) How to appeal a rescinded internal INTL transfer? Hi peeps so this is for Apple folks I’m posting for my wife who is a team manager at Apple. She was offered an international promotion which would have sent her overseas passed all the interviews got a verbal offer...waited about 3 months only to have an EVP deny the relocation request. Odd conside
- Apple Internal Movement - Boss being Sad My boss is sad after he found out that I might be looking for another role within Apple. He has confronted me several times and I’ve told him exact same thing, I’m not having enough development work on my plate. I am worried he might jeopardize my chances with other teams. Would the other teams be k