- TOP TECH COMPANY RANKINGS - 2019 EDITION 0: Google, Facebook, Netflix 1: Uber, Airbnb, Apple, LinkedIn 2. Dropbox, Lyft, Square 3: Microsoft, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, Slack, Stripe 4: Salesforce, Yelp, Bloomberg, Adobe, Box, Tesla, Indeed, Splunk 5: Zillow, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, SAP, Twilio, Tableau, Glassdoor, Walmart Labs 6: Everything
- 🥇 MAJOR TECH EMPLOYER POWER RANKINGS (SEATTLE ONLY, Q4 2017) These rankings take into account: desirability, compensation, prestige, reputation, quality of life, exclusivity, company trajectory, social brand value, career growth opportunities, stock performance, location, office quality and a secret sauce of other factors. This analysis is focused specificall
- vote offer evaluation have 2 offers for austin yoe 10 expedia senior software engineer base 155k bonus 17.5% rsu 35k over 4 years sign on 20k over 2 years tc 1st 2 years 200k vmware mts3 (they couldnt open a senior position for the team) base 150k bonus 12% rsu 67.5k over 4 years sign on 15k tc 1st year 200k which co
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- Cohesity vs LinkedIn vs VMware Having an offer from LinkedIn(275k- senior) vs VMware(290k- senior) vs cohesity(230k with private stocks worth 300k). Not able to decide which one to join . Need help. Which company is better suited for career growth?
- Opinion on "big boring companies" As a software engineer in the very general "web development" space, what is your opinion about looking to work at big companies like Cisco, Pizza Hut, Nike, and the like? I know it's a very generalized question, but if you ignore FANG and the flashy startups of the world, what kind of companies are
- How is the career scope in vSAN team. I’m joining vSAN team at VMware. I’m wondering how is the career options/growth in the field of distributed storage? TC: 160k
- Trying to decide b/w these offers, any suggestions? Google - TAM L5 in GTech (E ladder): base - 185K equity - 150K bonus - 15% did not try to negotiate sign-on yet since not sure will take it, mainly because it would be less technical that I want and I did not yet qualify for O ladder (need to grind Leetcode more) VMWare -
- Jack of all trades vs Specializing Hi Blind, Is it better to stay general or to try to specialize in one thing? Currently, most of my career has been with companies where I have been in a general support role more than any one specific path. This has included end user support, industrial machine programming, SQL database management
- Am I being greedy? Spoiler alert: long post I have been with VmW for few years and have been happy. A few months ago there were some changes in my BU and they moved me to a role which I wasn’t happy and have been a bad move for my career. I immediately started interviewing internally and externally. I got a job inter
- Second AWS phone screen - only 22 min I had an odd interview on my second loop with AWS and wondered if anyone has had similar. Random Sidebar thought - AWS recruiting is fast! Amazons interview process from internal recommendation to phone screens is very quick. In both cases it was 5 days at most from recommendation to recruite
- Sr mts vmware or IC 3 oracle oci? Have 2 offers.. Vmware it's the vsan team. Tc of vmware is 160k/17%/25k per yr/10k sign on Tc of oracle is 180k/no bonus/8000rsus/25k sign on Which one is better in terms of career ? Have 6 years of work ex.
- VMware IOT pulse How good is IOT BU in VMware and especially IOT Pulse? Considering a career change and would like to explore IOT in VMware. And how is the compensation for MTS-2,MTS-3 in Atlanta,Georgia?