- vote Amazon vs Uber reputation In job market
- Culture @Amazon Has the culture @amazon improved over the last few years? Or, perhaps, is it's reputation overblown? - Specifically Eng in Seattle
- Please welcome Microsoft to FAMANG The new acronym is FAMANG including the following tier 1s: Facebook, Amazon Microsoft, Apple, Netflix, and Google. Congratualations to Microsoft LT and all the hardworking engineers (devs, not PMs) for this well earned reputation boost.
- Can Amazon L5 TC go close to 300K or above in Seattle Recently got a L5 offer from Amazon. Have competing offers that are above 300K from companies with similar reputation. Not sure if anyone has experience with L5 TC come close to 300K? Right now the offer sits around 260K
- Amazon SDET I work as an SDET at Amazon. Especially, with Amazon reputation, I feel that SDETs might be fired anytime. Is it possible to get converted to SDE within the same team or the other team? If anybody had done it, whats your experience?
- Need help: Amazon vs LinkedIn Offer 1: SDE 2 at Amazon Alexa Offer 2: Software engineer (not SR) at LinkedIn LinkedIn's offer is 10% more than Amazon. Both are in Bay area. I have 5 years of experience + masters which is not relevant to software. I want to get SW development experience to improve my profile. My opinion is tha
- link Who is the best employer among Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Uber, Walmart and Bloomberg? https://www.quora.com/Who-is-the-best-employer-among-Google-Facebook-Microsoft-Amazon-Apple-Uber-Walmart-and-Bloomberg-What-is-the-reputation-of-each-of-these-companies Something that may be helpful, since these are the few big companies that are actively hiring. What are your thoughts?
- Unbiased Jeff's News Paper Bezos is trying to spoil his own companys reputation in his own news paper - https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-merchants-secretly-use-facebook-to-flood-amazon-with-fake-reviews/2018/04/23/5dad1e30-4392-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.87510244c7c6. Thug Life :p
- AWS perimeter protection Hi, some recruiter just reached out this week, anyone has an idea about this? How's the reputation and teams over there? I know if you are joined amazon might as well join AWS to make the most of it! But does this perimeter protection team really work on distributed system etc... The position is
- How good (or bad) is the ASCS team in Amazon? During the call, the recruiter unknowingly said “this is one of the hardest teams in Amazon”. Not sure if actually meant to say it that way. Amazon itself has a reputation of being a tough place. Now the “hardest” does make me a little jittery. I am just stepping out of a startup which was a meat
- Good business partners but bad managers? I always see ppl complaining about the bad reputation that managers that come from Amazon get, but to be honest I find great to work with them, at least as a business partner. I wonder how it would look like to work FOR them? Maybe they are a completely different monster when you report to them?
- Amazon ain't cool anymore Stock and growth stalled; hiring freeze, rampant politics, lowered hiring bar, incredible technical debt, millions of lines of undocumented unmaintainable code, difficulty attracting talent due to terrible reputation, retention problems etc. All due to uncontrolled growth on steroids. Jeff maybe it
- List of Tier 2 non-FAANG companies in Seattle? Does anyone have recommendation of Tier 2 non-FAANG companies in Seattle that have reasonable TC? Tier 2 means not FAANG or MSFT. Has ok reputation but not seen as the best. By reasonable TC I mean at least $150k TC for SWE2 level (compare to $180-200k even at MSFT and Amazon). So far Seattle mar
- Good time to join Snap Inc (Snapchat) as PM? Hi I am seeing quite some PM positions open in Snap Inc with interesting job description. I am currently a product manager in Amazon (2.75 yrs in Amazon) but not too happy here (stocks are the only motivation). Internal switches have become almost impossible with the hiring freeze in Amazon, so join
- Uber ATG SWE Offer SWE @9 yoe (1.5 year FAANG + data startups) Offer from ATG in SF. L5 TC 192K / 750K 4 years / 28K Bonus Current 200K & Monopoly money Currently in the loop to interview with Cruise, Argo, and Amazon (Offer Stage). Getting some pressure from the recruiter to decide by next week so feels like they w
- PM vs TPM roles at Amazon, Facebook and Google I’m looking at opportunities and need help to understand the difference between these roles at these top companies. Amazon: Per my research, sounds like TPM is like a Project Manager and not really that technical? How does PM-T compare to it as far as compensation, reputation and wlb? Facebook: T
- How's working at Microsoft w. a family post-Nadella? I'm a 7 year Amazonian contemplating a move to Microsoft for three primary reasons: better benefits & work-life balance without a total comp hit. My current organization has a reputation for not being a place where you can have a family and a successful career, but that feels true for most of Amazon
- Entry level data science jobs My brother has a master's degree in data science with 9 months co-op experience as a data science intern working on computer vision ML. He's applied to bunch of roles online but I feel like it's hard to get his foot in the door. I've referred him to MS but we know how that shit show goes.. Any comp
- Amazon SDEII to OCI IC3 I am a SDEII working on the path to SDEIII at Amazon. By working on, I mean I have a chance but not in pipeline. My estimate is end of 2019 or early 2020. I received an offer from OCI as IC3. Based on levels.fyi, I feel like it’s a bit backward. Also, considering the reputation of OCI, it would be h
- NY Budget Director finally speaks the truth and spills the beans https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/open-letter-new-york-state-budget-director-robert-mujica-regarding-amazon "Furthermore, opposing Amazon was not even good politics, as the politicians have learned since Amazon pulled out. They are like the dog that caught the car. They are now desperately and incre
- 🥇 MAJOR TECH EMPLOYER POWER RANKINGS (SEATTLE ONLY, Q4 2017) These rankings take into account: desirability, compensation, prestige, reputation, quality of life, exclusivity, company trajectory, social brand value, career growth opportunities, stock performance, location, office quality and a secret sauce of other factors. This analysis is focused specificall
- link Who will buy ebay’s core marketplace business? Looks like ebay is in the process of breaking itself up into smaller companies and spinning them off or selling them to highest bidder. Exactly what Elliot investment wants to do with ebay. Ebays business units: Stubhub - $4-6 billion Ebay classified - $8-12 billion (already have suitors) Ebay cor
- How to deal with questioning sexuality in late 20s I went through high school and college dating women and actually (I thought) I was a pretty standard hetero guy. Since I got hired in at Amazon 3.5 years ago it naturally has necessitated a continuous stream of trips to Seattle, and on the first trip I went to a restaurant and got hit on by a very