- Companies hiring foreign workers for Software/Senior Software developer [5 years experience] I am working in VMware India as a Backend Java developer. [previously Microsoft and Amazon] with 5 years of total experience . I am looking for opportunities abroad, preferably in Europe/UK/Canada. [US too, but do not have H1B :)] I am spending lots of time applying for jobs through LinkedIn and en
- Returning to India by mid-end of 2019, need 401k advice I maxed out 401k as long as I was with Microsoft (they pay 9k to 401k). I recently joined a bay area company. Job's great, they don't contribute to 401k tho, they provide some 401k account with a small financial institution, benefits seem to be none - just hold money pre tax. I will sell real estat
- Dudes asking for salaries in India I really get pissed off when Indian dudes in US ping me asking about salary range in India because they want to move back but start complaining if I tell them that it might be in a bracket of 30-50 LPA. I mean what the fuck are you expecting? The same dudes were earning like 3-6 LPA before they move
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Samsung Research America good as Microsoft? I have offers from both Microsoft and SRA, mtv in similar teams. Any comparison on culture, growth and opportunities? Would SRA be as good as MS? Is MS worth moving to Seattle from SF? Edit: Seattle seems as comfortable with foreigners as Bay Area.
- Haven't even landed a phone interview at Google I'm from France and I've applied for an internship at Google in the US back in December. I've worked on my CV a lot, I have open-source projects to show for, references from my previous internship, and I got referred by a Googler. Nevertheless, I didn't even get a phone interview. Same for Microso
- Grad School Enrollment US Why are there very few Americans in grad school in tech programs when there are a lot of high paying jobs requiring MS and PHDs like Hardware, Software, AI, ML, Datascience, Analytics, etc. ?? In grad school, 95 percent of my course mates were foreign students. 70% of faculty in CS and Engineering
- Foreign Bosses Since the re-org at MS a few years ago I’ve noticed a lot more managers from foreign countries here in the US. Are they trained on what rights we as US employees have? Makes me want to openly complain about H1B’s and how they keep tech wages low in front of her to see or have an open discussion ab
- vote People from Google, Facebook and Amazon. How do you decide what level do you give a new hire? I have read that the most important thing is interview performance. However, I have also read that interview loops are different for different levels. That suggests that there is a substantial influence coming from what's in the CV, right? I am especially interested in what it takes to be T6(Google