- There are 4 dimensions of software engineering to master 1) The elementary particles: pass by ref, pass by val, garbage collection, stack space vs heap space, thread management, locks, reentrant locks, deadlocks. This is where we question how is it possible that the world of software engineering can exist and where it came from. Was there a big bang ? 2)
- Buy home in Newark or UC ? I’m looking at two homes ( 1 in UC and other in Newark) both are beautiful single family homes . Here are pros and cons for each 1. UC home is in top elementary school district , safe community walkable to union landing and a bit closer to SF for commute . Cons : the house is slightly smaller ( 1
- Seattle schools recommendation for Facebook new hire I’m moving to Seattle with my family soon. I’ll be working at Facebook (South Lake Union), and I’m not sure where is the best place to live to balance great elementary schools, reasonable commute time and good housing (we are planning on buying a house ~1M) I’d really appreciate your thoughts and r
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- How is the Facebook shuttle? I’m thinking of leaving an SF walking commute for a shuttle commute to FB. Leaving Van Ness/Union. I’ve never commuted so I’m curious: how is the shuttle journey? Can you get work done? Overall trying to figure out how unpleasant it is, and how much it should discourage me from taking an otherwise
- link Dayyyum. LONDON — After European policymakers adopted a sweeping data privacy law last year, the big question was how regulators would use their newfound authority against the most powerful technology companies. In the first major example, the French data protection authority announced Monday that it had fi
- Apartment recommendations? Within FB 10 mile radius My girlfriend works in San Ramon and I'll soon be starting my job at Facebook. We're looking for a middle ground for better commute. Considering the 10 mile radius bonus at Facebook, any modern apartment recommendations in Fremont/Newark/Union City/anywhere in East Bay? What we want from an apartme
- “Left-wing” tech industry bias? Not really... https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/09/27/unions-are-lying-cheating-rats-leaked-video-reveals-amazons-belligerent-anti-worker?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork “Amazon's aggressively anti-union video—which recommends tactics that one commentator
- Facebook expansion in Seattle I've heard Facebook is building a new campus in South Lake Union that will bring the role count to about 6000. Is there any truth to this?