- H1b transfer approved but dont want to join My H1B transfer to Uber got approved but I do not want to join it anymore and stay with Microsoft. 1. Can I still stay with Microsoft? 2. What would happen to the H1B petition with Uber which got approved? 3. Can Uber sue me because I cost them money here? Reason for not joining Uber anymore is Im
- vote Help me to select offer With 2.8 yrs exp in gs(first company out of college tier 1) I am getting offers from following companies. But seeing mixed reviews for Microsoft office 365 teams. After seeing layoffs at uber bit doubtful about survival of Flipkart against Amazon. Compensation (base) for the companies are: Flipkart
- what do engineers do at big tech companies Just a general question from somebody outside the tech scene - what do engineers (YOU) do at established tech companies? *instagram - no changes to the front end, no new feature.. what do you do all day? *facebook - same old just a refreshed interface every long time *Netflix - mobile app’s remained
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote FAANG, Airbnb, LinkedIn, Lyft, Microsoft, Uber: Do you feel pressure/stress due to fear of PIP or layoff risk? (for employees at the mentioned companies) how to interpret results: compare proportion of "FEAR" = yes/(total votes) = yes/(yes+no) across companies
- Does the WARN Act (60-90 days notice) apply to tech workers for layoffs? Recently learned about the WARN Act on how companies need to pay or give notice to laid off employees for 60-90 days (depending on state)? If that's the case how come on the MSFT channel we hear of layoffs like all the time with no notice? Uber folks? Did people who get laid off recently get 60-90
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =