- TOP TECH COMPANY RANKINGS - 2019 EDITION 0: Google, Facebook, Netflix 1: Uber, Airbnb, Apple, LinkedIn 2. Dropbox, Lyft, Square 3: Microsoft, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, Slack, Stripe 4: Salesforce, Yelp, Bloomberg, Adobe, Box, Tesla, Indeed, Splunk 5: Zillow, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, SAP, Twilio, Tableau, Glassdoor, Walmart Labs 6: Everything
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Marriage Issues I have been married for 10 years. We dated for 3 years before making the commitment. Since past 4-5 years our marriage has died. We do not talk much, fight on anything and everything, there is no love or feelings, sex life is dead. We have tried to sort out, talk, start afresh, take vacations, take
- Comment tiers of tech companies in your opinion Tier = Pay, prestige, career opportunities, wlb Tier 0: Google, Netflix Tier 1: Apple, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft Tier 2: Amazon, Microsoft, Linkedin, Tier 3: Twitter, Square, Robinhood, Stripe, Pinterest, Snap, Dropbox, Palantir Tier 4: Salesforce, Zillow, coinbase, Reddit, Spotify, Expedia Tie
- What next after Google Thinking of changing job if some other company can offer better compensation and career growth. Some options look like: AirBnB, Netflix, Uber, Square. L4 YOE: 2 years TC: 230K Edit (adding some more context): Work is good at Google and so is WLB. I have learnt a lot from the senior members in the
- How do you get better with experience? I feel like all my career I have been going from project to project and company to company without really getting better at software design or debugging or anything else. i have just hit a ceiling and I just stay there. Yes the company I work for I get to know their tech stack inside out but once I
- A story of obscene PM bloat at Microsoft 🤷🏻♀️😱 My former org in the Windows and Devices Group (commonly shortened to WDG) had a ratio of almost 1 PM to 1 Dev as recent as mid-2017. This was a fairly large org and supposed to be one of the more prestigious ones. While there were a few clueless level 59 new grads with no idea what they had got the
- square hiring freeze? hey people at square, i noticed all the data scinetist and product analyst roles are no longer open/on the careers page. any insight into what is going on there? there were about 7-8 roles open not long ago
- Salesforce vs Zillow vs Square I have offers from Salesforce, Zillow, and Square. They are similar in terms of tc (320k) yoe: 11. What do you think is the best choice for career growth, company culture, etc.
- Twitter vs Square Offers Twitter Ads vs Square Customers Offers are within 3k$ of each other, which company’s engineering culture and career growth options are better? Heard that most good folks at Twitter have left, is there any merit to that?
- SWE Referral Hello beautiful people from Blind. I am a Grad student in CS from a top 10 school & am graduating in Dec'18. I am looking for full time SWE roles & seeking referrals in the following companies (no particular order as such) LinkedIn Lyft Cruise Uber Apple Oscar Stripe Square Twitter Robinhood Pa
- Which companies’ NYC satellite office are not good for early engineering career? I was interviewing at Square NYC and one of the interviewers literally told me joining their NYC office as a new grad is a career suicide... Is it common among other tech companies?
- Non tech position Promotion What is the speed of promotion for non-tech roles? Which of the following companies is the best for promotion/career growth in a non-tech role? - Square - Apple - Dropbox - Uber - Airbnb - Facebook - Twitter - Amazon
- Choosing company based on growth Which company (public or private) would you work at based on its stock growth? I know, you could choose cash and invest, but there’s the price lock in and vesting to think about. Also growth in terms of company/career growth. Has anyone actually done this and picked right/wrong? (Snap, Twitter, Dr
- Referral Help Hi Guys, Been on Blind for a while and really appreciate everyone’s inputs for all types of career related questions. Anyways, I currently have on-sites scheduled for FB/Amazon and few other midsize companies in NY. I was hoping to get referral for the below companies if anyone is willing to help.
- Counselor to help get to tier 1 or 2? Are there any former or current tech recruiters or directors/leaders here willing to provide career counseling on a consultancy basis? Specifically: How to transition at 40ish to tier 1 or 2 in SF as a current IC business developer / enterprise architect? PM me if interested. Places I’m interested