- Seattle is a company town With Amazon continuing to grow, it's going to get worse. The city feels like a company town: little diversity, no urban energy, dull, lifeless.
- Amazon replacing NYE holiday with MLK in California I am all about diversity, but is MLK holiday really used more than NYE??? Really ??? I call BS, if it was the case I would have loved to see a survey where employees vote.Who has plans for the next January 21st?? Vegas anyone ? Best time to go have fun...As usual Amazon trying to score some politic
- Conservatives should go where theyre valued Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft. It’s clear their leadership dont espouse conservative values. They actually supress it! So why are you working there? Go! Go to Exon or some other shit company where you can be pro life, no diversity, no women quotas! Please leave tech.
- Seattle's lack of diversity I'm not just talking about the lack of racial diversity, although that certainly is the case. Like half the city works for Amazon and Microsoft, and everyone else in tech. This plays a major role in the city being dull, lacking character and urban energy.
- Location and happiness It's amazing how much of a difference location makes. In NYC, I was happy, energetic, and excited. The diversity, urban life, interesting people, and dating scene, were intoxicating. In sharp contrast, I have been depressed and lethargic here in Seattle. Good friends have commented on my transforma
- vote Who is the FANGest of them all? ALRIGHT LADIES, IT'S TIME! We all like to dick measure about the prestige/perks/TC/diversity/other assorted nonsense around FANG. However, as a customer, let's talk about real impact. If you had to choose just ONE company to eliminate from existence, which would it be? Which could you live without
- vote Better brand on your cv - Netflix vs Amazon Which company would you prefer for culture, career mobility and growth, international outlook and role rotation, diversity, total comp, stability and brand value? I’m evaluating a comparable role at Netflix (been with Amazon for 2 years in Asia). Ultimately want a foreign gig and Amazon is great wi
- Alibaba cloud is still hiring in Bellevue We are going to hire strong SDEs for the foreseeable future. Anyone interested or knows anyone that might be interested please PM me. We can definitely beat msft /Amazon in terms of total comp. We have also hired several from Google and Facebook. Btw, we support H1b transfer and sponsor Green card.
- Moving To Seattle - Non-Technical Role I'm considering moving from the Bay Area to Seattle, mainly for cost of living reasons. I have a reasonable offer from a local tech company... but I'm worried about the long-term career impact. In short, I'm worried that even if things work out, once I want to move on, I'll have to head back to SF
- vote FB or AWS New grad CS MS from East Coast, interned in AWS last summer. Recently I get an offer from Facebook as a Data Engineer, and I am not sure which one should I choose. All advices are welcomed, thank you! FB pros: Big name, in CA, better environment to work & live? May have an opportunity to transfer
- Diversity hires At my company we have two diversity hires that I’m aware of and I believe it’s impossible for them to be fired. But we have to keep them on board for legal indemnification (protection from discrimination lawsuit). One guy is very hard to work with. He’s been here two years and someone on my team th