- Stack ranking at Amazon Does %subject% override leadership principles/superpowers in performance reviews? If so, bad managers would abuse stack ranking (tag 'em `LE`) despite good performance. Have you come across this? This encourages team politics/brown nosing, not performance.
- link do Microsoft still stack ranking like Amazon？ curious edit: I was reading wiki it says MS doesn’t https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitality_curve?from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0
- How is AWS team? How does Amazon level ranking works? Hello Amazonians, Can you please shade some light on AWS team, culture, etc..? Also can you also tell me how does leveling works at Amazon? Thanks
- Companies with forced attrition goals Meaning annual goals for what percentage of employees should be managed out. NOT stack ranking used for bonus distribution. I'll start: Amazon
- How is it like working for Nest? In terms of compensation, growth, and corporate culture? Do they have stack ranking and mandatory percentages attrition? Looking at a SDE position similar to L5/L6 at Amazon.
- AS evaluation at amazon Long story short, I got applied scientist offer from amazon. During the interview, the PE of the team explained that the evaluation for AS depends on the qualitative reviews from the team members. He's not aware of any forced stacked ranking for the evaluation. This contradicts with what I read in B
- 2019 Top 5-10 Tech Companies in the Bay? What’s everyone’s perception of the top 5 to 10 tech companies in the Bay going into 2019? Paysa has them ranked as follows (based on talent): 1. Uber 2. Airbnb 3. Google 4. Snap 5. Facebook 6. Pinterest 7. Amazon 8. Apple 9. Lyft 10. Salesforce How would you change the ordering of the above list
- Places to Invest in Austin TX I am looking for rental investment in Austin and would like to know which are the good location 1) Comes under good public school for elementary and middle school. High school ranking can be discounted 2) Good accessibility to Google, Facebook , Apple , Amazon offices or close to tech scenario.
- Attrition rate too low? #attrition #Amazon Up until recently I’ve had a great time at Amazon- challenging new projects, lots of moving parts, great team/business partners. After getting a great performance review I get wind of the tone at the top - “Even though you’re performing well, the attrition rate isn’t as high as it should be in your
- How's working at Microsoft w. a family post-Nadella? I'm a 7 year Amazonian contemplating a move to Microsoft for three primary reasons: better benefits & work-life balance without a total comp hit. My current organization has a reputation for not being a place where you can have a family and a successful career, but that feels true for most of Amazon
- 🥇 MAJOR TECH EMPLOYER POWER RANKINGS (SEATTLE ONLY, Q4 2017) These rankings take into account: desirability, compensation, prestige, reputation, quality of life, exclusivity, company trajectory, social brand value, career growth opportunities, stock performance, location, office quality and a secret sauce of other factors. This analysis is focused specificall
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine